red1.org Forum Index red1.org
Nihili est - in vita priore ego imperator romanus fui

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACCP workshop

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    red1.org Forum Index -> The Apprentice (not a copycat!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akmal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: ACCP workshop Reply with quote

Hii akum all

Actually i just want to inform everybody what i'm doing now. After we presented our project, we all have a workshop handled by Mr.Suren. It's a 3 days workshop that started on 2nd Feb until 4th Feb. In this workshop we learnt about communication skills(of course English), analytical and analysis thinking, and some tricky question by Mr.Suren. Besides that we play some really fun games. For example, we were divided into so called 2 companies that need same resources. So we must negotiate each other in the condition both of us not rugi in this negotiation. I thinks it's like debate(ckit2)

Beside that we was gave some tricky question like 5+5+5=550. How to make this math is true. We just only can add 1 line only. That's all. Can anybody answer this question(U must write it on paper, then only can add 1 line). I dont know is it Mr.suren already ask this question for early class b4 our class. Rolling Eyes

At the moment i'm free now, just to finish some report project. So i'll try all my best to use this time to learn java n tomcat. I'm already install tomcat 5.5.4 and some IDE for study java like textpad and jcreator. So, i start study java at the beginning. Next week we have a break about a week for CNY. Of course i go home (Kelantan, so long not see my parents Very Happy ). Actually i would like to learn compiere,eclipse or etc that was stated in this forum. But i think it's better for me to learn step by step bcoz i don't want to be confused. So, that's all from me ......Tq.
red1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akmal,
Its good that u keep your self visible this way, as u popularise yourself better and it gets u into jobs or prospects more easily.

But why are u not in the University team? It shows that u do not spend time investigating how others got in and how come u could not. I know u asked but others got in thru the proper way that was told much earlier. U have to show that u really care about the work by reading back everything necessary. I know many apprentices are not interested, and therefore i m not interested in them.

When their apprenticeship ends, they most likely will return back to where they were - on the job hunting trail. They have failed before and they will fail again in those job interviews, because they did not change their actions which are the same as were last year. They did not change their actions because they did not change their thinking which was same as last year.

If they get jobs it may be not jobs they could control. They will struggle for a long time before been able to say 'this is what i want to do' or 'how i want to do it'. They most often ended up in jobs that no boss will give them that chance because they dont deserve it yet.

Working is about commitment and dedication, which employers look for.
But for you people, its also about changing your thinking and actions. U created your own good luck. Its so much good luck that u may not need a job in the end, btu give others jobs. Yes, you become the boss, the business owner.

red1
Akmal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank u for ur advise Mr.Red1 Very Happy . I'll try all my best to investigate how i can be a member in University Team. Pls give me some time, maybe after 2/3 day i can be in that team.
fieza

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sory for making myself not visible. It has been a long time that i didnt post anything here. I just would like to inform that i have already registered streamyx according to what mr red1 has advice. It has been install on last Thursday, but there are still some problem that i could not understand. The DSL light is still blinking eventhough it has been 5 days. It means that I still cannot connected through the internet. I thought maybe I can do some review in what I have lost during last weekend and trying to understand more about compiere and OfBiz. In fact, I have formatted my pc so that I can install compiere, tomcat and j2sdk in my pc. Hope the connection can be used before I go back to my kampung.... Have to ask the technician to come soon..

For now, me and my team member has started doing our project. I think my colleague, Shikin has inform what we plan to do for this final project. Anyway, I mention it again here. We are planning to do eShowhome. It is a web for a Properties@Developer@Real Estate company to show what project they have develop, giving the facilities for customer to give complain, to download brochure about incoming project(specialize in house development). Apa lagi ek.. The important part is the admin part, which the can handle the complain, give feedback to customer and to maintain the website. Hope we can implement all that we plan. For this project, we are using php as the language.

Akmal, I think u just registed in sourceforge but you did not introduce yourself in the university forum. You have have to go to the link that have been given to the university project. Then enter the forum, the discussion forum is developer and the subforum is developers introducing themselves. After that, just wait for mr red1 confirmation to add your name as the developers. Seem that your name has appear in that forum as the tester..

Anyway, hepi chinese new year to everybody especially for those who are celebrating it... Gong Xi Fa Chai
red1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fieza,
I was a streamyx installer about a year and half ago, so i know that the blinking light means that line is not DSL mode at all. Was it a solid light in the first place when he first fix it in your place?

U can call them on the hotline i think its 1 300 88 9515 (not sure) and just say the light is blinking and they can check from their station whether u have a DSL active port from their VISIBLE screen.

Anyway its good to hear that u took such initiative. Best of luck, but i want u not to give chance to lost chances. This is fun, its competitive, lots to learn. U just cannot stop learning. Of course u still can eat but i know u cave-girls eat little to avoid getting fat and then not many cave-boy interested in you.

But when i was in school i read even on buses, and in places where ppl dont seem to read. My favorite place is the bookstore. Now with the web u can surf all libraries, but at times it gets boring. So that is why u must interact with others so that it become social rather than academic. I know that ppl like to chat. So use chatting to gain more knowledge. Go join more forums. U dont have time.

I like to inform all that i most likely wont hire any1 here. I will most probably advertise for experience and good achievers from the public. I may pay more but they do things 10 times faster. And i dont have to manage them. Managing waste my time, like telling them what to do, how to do, what to do next, what not to do, why, when... its tiring...

And when they make mistakes, u know how much more time to waste: Correct the mistakes which may cos a lot of damage to many other things or people's faith in our service. U r not aware of this, cos u re still young and not a parent yet. When your child has problems u have to handle and clean up the mess. Its better i hire a married and experienced person who is serious and knows that she cannot afford to screw up the job. So far i dont find that responsible attitude. Many still think that life is a game. Yep its fun, but not fun when u re not in the game. If u remain outside and regard it part-time.

If i were you, i will not rest or stop thinking. I will be online day and night. I read all the forums, all the turtorials. I steal time morning, lunch, tea, night. I will think how to be ahead. I go to cybercafe that gives good rates and i park myself there day and night. I know ppl do that just to waste time, so that is possible.

If its boring go with a friend of similar interest. Try out on clone 2nd hand machines, but my tutorials are almost PC free, as i exlpained so well and realistic that u may not need machine to imagine the work. Thats why ppl said mine is better than the best. But its not use if u didnt experience what they feel. So more motivation from me wont help.

That slows me down and i miss my own continous learning and productivity. I got great global projects going on. I want to go on so that i create more wealth for every1 in the world including this country. So i have to sacrifice a few for the many. So u better be prepared for your own tsunami.
fieza

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: streamyx okay... Reply with quote

alhamdulillah...
after about two weeks time, after all that frustrated that my streamyx cannot be used afer installation, finally i've got it connected. I hope after this I can participate more and make myself as visible as I can. The problem is actually with the phone line. I've called 100 to make a complain. I told that the DSL light is blinking and they said something about the cabel. I think they have fix the cable becoz after I came back from class, I see that the DSL light is no more blinking.. hehehe..

I would like to update on our project . We have started our project, we have finished the database structure and design, maybe making somemore modification after this. We are doing the coding right now. There is not much progress. Anyhow, I am doing my part in admin, a module call Edit Zone, where admin can adit the module( which include insert, delete and display from the database). There will be Project module, Location module, specification module, house type and house info module. I think after fnishing the first module, then there will be not much problem to do the other module, Insya-Allah. I am having trouble to connect the combo box and the datbse with the delete button.

p/s- I do like to eat. Just my stomach cant fit so much food... rugila..
hm....got test tomolo...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    red1.org Forum Index -> The Apprentice (not a copycat!) All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: