red1.org Forum Index red1.org
Nihili est - in vita priore ego imperator romanus fui

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

K-Workers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    red1.org Forum Index -> The Apprentice (not a copycat!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azan
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: K-Workers Reply with quote

Just to share something I learnt here. It is very important to be a k-woker. What is k-worker?http://www.k-workers.net/articlePrint.cfm?id=73

At the early stage of my carrier here, I just simply follow the instruction. Haha.. Kononnya intend of doing nothing wrong. But actually, in the instruction r always the very core subject but not the whole picture of what actually the outcomes expected r. So, my works was completed but not satisfied.

Now, I begin to be creative, using my head, applying my own thinking on the task. Then, the bosses seen my enhancement on their instructions, n happily add some more ideas or comments n make it more valuable.
Azan
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on my reading on the above link:

K-workers - “knowledge workers”, is a creation of a new workforce due to the changes of economy from a production-based economy (p-economy) to knowledge-based economy (k-economy). So that, it became a trend nowadays, in many companies to deliver high-impact performance from fewer staff.

There are 4 factors to support the creation of these k-workers:

Right understanding of knowledge
Knowledge must be shareable, built into office information system (codified), enabling all staff to act on such knowledge, reducing the learning time by recalling past experience etc. It shouldn’t be a passive knowledge, accumulated in the libraries, stored in a diary.

Right info-structure
Infrastructure- networks to share files thru e-mails, server.(doesn’t facilitate the sharing information actually)
Infostructure- adds on additional software like groupware, database and intranets.
* I think this kind of forum is a good infostructure where the knowledge r not passive and reducing learning time (because we can recall the past experience).

Right culture
The culture of working independently, able to accesss information stored in an electronic medium, able to come up with creative solutions to problems, very much goal-oriented, and self motivated.

Right training mehodology
Hands-on training.

Conclusion: to remain globally competitive, become (for individual) and create (for companies) k-workers.
Akmal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good information as I'm still like a baby in cruel job world.
Can be a a good guide for me to my development career. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    red1.org Forum Index -> The Apprentice (not a copycat!) All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: