It is a pleasure to share with the open source community the availability the our first stable version available at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/smart-pos/
, we have done a significant effort to improve the original OpenBravo POS, this time focused in business environments where the ERP data consistency is mandatory: transactions, ERP documents, inventory control (multiple units, list of prices (basic)), support for unstable network environments (asynchronous messaging, fail over, store & forward), and many functional enhancements and fixes for sales, reporting such as:
• Flexible design for multi-organization companies. Support to have 1 ERP (centralized) with multiple organizations(branches), and each organization with many POS stations (sharing 1 local database per organization) – ideal for restaurant chains
• Intelligent and Advanced asynchronous integration
• Synchronize most of the critical POS transactions (tickets, returns, inventory movements, payments) creating valid ERP documents in real time without manual processes
• Synchronize most of the critical data from the ERP to the POS: customer, product, taxes, list of prices, warehouse, categories, returns, countries, cities, locations, and much more in real time
• Powerful and flexible Inventory model based in ERP (Simplified) multiples prices, unit of measures and stock control
• Sales Window: Functional and GUI enhancements (tips, discounts, notes and much more)
• More Flexibility for Payments
• More secure and more control to minimize fraud (role and security analysis)
• Support complex business environments where network and server connections are unstable: using asynchronous messages, fail over, store & forward techniques from POS to ERP for real production environments
• Improved Daily reports & Auditing capabilities
• Additional Functionality to prevent fraud, maximize control and recover disaster quickly
• Enhanced Printing and Reporting
• Plus a lot of QA fixes applied to the original basic openbravo POS
• A complete list of new features is available in our wiki section.
A complete description of our new features is available at: https://sourceforge.net/p/smart-pos/wik ... tPOS10.pdf
You can get the full source code for both SmartPOS side and Adempiere (extensions and customizations) from our source forge location at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/smart-pos/
We also opened new communication channels (FAQ, wiki, forums, and documentation) there, and we will schedule local training session soon (stay tuned).
We hope the open source community enjoy our new SmartPOS release, performed by our SmartJSP development and functional teams.
Global SOA/BPM/Java/IT Consultant
MBA/Certified Enterprise Architect for Java Technologyhttp://www.smartjsp.com/smartpos
Project sponsored by (http://www.xpluk.com