Self-service checkbox

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

Self-service checkbox

Postby ibiddles » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:00 pm

Hi Red1,
When I try to create a sales order I notice that the self-service checkbox is disabled.
What causes this and how do I enable it?
Best wishes, Ivan
ibiddles

Postby red1 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:33 pm

Hi biddles,
A self service box allows your sales orders to be called up by a user over the web. If its disabled means that its protected from been handled over the web.

But if u still want it enabled, then u can try to seek that field out via the Application Dictionary. Try looking under the Table and Column that must have made that field read-only.

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby ibiddles » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:53 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and that good data about the purpose of self-service. (I hadn't found that anywhere previously).

The reason I wanted to try the self-service was that I seem to be having problems completing an order and I thought that might help. When I click on Complete it processes for a while and then comes back with the window looking exactly the same as it was ... and I can even click Complete again.

That doesn't seem right somehow. Any ideas?

Best wishes, Ivan

P.S. Although it's only 9:50am here in LA, it must be January 1st in Malaysia, so Happy New Year to you, red1.
ibiddles

Postby red1 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:51 am

Hi biddles,
Thanks for the new year wish, certainly makes my day, when someone i m helping turns out to be human :lol:

Your incomplete Sales Order is a common condition when some other setting is not right. You probably notice an error message at the bottom of your window box. Or a status message saying its incomplete due to something.

If you are doing a POS sales, then the cause is that you have not (1) Open your accounting period, or (2) You have not set your CashBook, or (3) hmm, how about checking your currency?

I experienced panic before on this, and after excruciating agony, its just a dumb application doing its job.

Now is my turn, Happy New Year, :)
PEACE
red1
red1
Site Admin

Return to Ask RED1 personally