Aging based on Invoice(Customer) receipt

The Financial Integration (FI) aspect of Compiere means Accounting Consequence, and stuff that makes Accountants rule. Well, IANA.

Moderator: lofx

Aging based on Invoice(Customer) receipt

Postby Splatered Mortar » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:42 am

Hi Red1,
-
i'm new to compiere and trying to understand is Compiere support Invoice Receipt? because in my case the Actual Aging report is counted based on Customer Invoice Receipt, rather than printed date.
-
i've been trying to look for that features on compiere..

any tips ?
thanks a lot in advance.
Splatered Mortar

Postby red1 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:20 am

This question has been asked and answered elsewhere. Pls search the forums beforehand.

The Aging Analysis takes the BPartner payment terms to calculate due-date based on InvoicedDate of each invoice. Such due dates are then bucketed in the Aging Report. In the report u can configure the rules of the buckets.
red1
Site Admin

Postby Splatered Mortar » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:08 am

firstly thanks for your reply,
i think i understand about the payment term you were talking about red1, and that compiere is using invoice date to calculate Aging Analysis.
but my real question is, can the invoice date then be updated / entered automatically using Customer Invoice Receipt? i'm really sorry if these features already asked&answered, because i did try find it before w/ no results :oops:
Splatered Mortar

Postby red1 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:06 pm

Sorry Splattered... i didnt read your term correctly. I guess Invoice Receipt hasnt been asked before. Can u explain what it is first? Give an example of an Invoice Receipt, so that i am clearer before attempting another splatter. :D
red1
Site Admin

Postby Splatered Mortar » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:36 pm

:roll: well... it's like this:
we deliver our product to project sites , and then we wait for the shipment receipt (known in compiere-shipment as customer confirmation) get back to our HQ by third party shipper agent, then we can stard invoicing..
1. invoice must include customer-signed shipment documents.
because of remote distances of these Customers HQs we need time between 1 until 5 days until Customer get their Invoices, this is where i get the problem,
2. Compiere doesnt have any features like Customer-confirmation-for-shipment in their Customer Invoice.
i need to edit/input again the actual date of Customer getting their invoice to calculate the real Aging analysis, because they calculate their AP aging based on that date.
what i done so far..
i just make the Invoice date be 'always updatable' in table C_Invoice, but i'm not sure what the consequnces by doing this. (sorry really a beginner)
:oops:
-
there you go, please splatter some answers guys :wink:
i'm very very thankfull for these site even exist! go Open Source...
hope by sharing my real-world problem considered as contributing... :wink:
Splatered Mortar

Postby red1 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:37 am

Compiere does Jboss-posting of confirmed documents such as Invoices to the Accounting Fact table after they have been processed Complete. In your case, u may not want to Complete them until u update the InvoiceDate.
U may try sumtin like turn off the JBoss Service to post the accounts so that it doesnt until u are ready, but this sounds non-elegant.
U said u allowed the InvoiceDate to be still modifiable, then u can check if the aging still comes out right, even after Complete (which post to accounts that will not change its dates as its completed and non deletable)

I trust u are using a development instance. So u can experiment with various scenarios and feedback what the Aging (and Accounts) says.

U said that Compiere doesnt have that customer confirmation date in Invoice. Well, lets say u created that one, then what happened? U still wait about 5 days max for customer to sign and return and u update back rite? And its not considered invoiced, until delivered, the date stated on the customer return slip (rite?). So u still have to worry how to capture and save that piece of info.

If so, and in a more elegantly presented form, why not use the Shipment (Customer) instead of Invoice to capture the confirmation of delivery to customer? Then u will need to modify the AgingAnalysis program to take ShipmentDate instead and that for a Java programmer isnt too difficult.

Accounting consquences are as stated in the Compiere User Manual which u must have bought from www.compiere.org .

Do tell me where your mortars land. Have a nice day :D
red1
Site Admin

Postby steven1001 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:39 pm

Accounting consequence..

...Shipment
db cost of sales
credit inventory (etc)

...Invoice
db debtors
cr revenue.

If you ship on 29 March and invoice on 1 April Compiere will produce accounts at end March showing COGS but no Revenue.

regards...
steven1001

Return to Accounting Process