Which reports are Compioere using??

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

Which reports are Compioere using??

Postby gaurav » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:06 pm

Hi all!

I just wanted to know what Reports are Compiere using?Is it Jasper or hard coded reports.

Actually i am using Jasper reports with iReport tool and i attached my own established report (using Jasper reports) and its is working properly in Compiere. But i wanted to make reports like standard reports of Compiere that is why i am asking which reports does compiere use?

Thank you in advance

Regards,
Gaurav
gaurav

Postby pshen » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:04 pm

hi,
compiere has its own report tools, which is a part of its Application Dictionary. actually compiere report is flexible and easy to change for non-techical guys, but the problem is that it is not powerful enough, that is why a lot of compiere users choose 3rd report tools, like jasperReports.
the steps to add a compiere report is:
1, add a table into AD (or using an existing one)
2, add a report view, which is based on a table
3, add a report & process, with the report view you added
4, append it into the menu tree
5, open the report, push the customerize to adjust the print format
(or you can define the print format before )

in lastest several releases, compiere team has put some enchancements on the report tools,
so let's wait for the good news.
pshen

Postby pshen » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:12 pm

JasperReports can work with compeire properly but not so properly, you must lose some after you get some. with a 3rd report tools, it is not easy to get data security control for the reports.

( folowing is a small ads)
that's why I put some improvements in my projects (Compiere Util:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/windowutil), to support generate jasperReports based on the report view, to get the data from report view (compiere data engine), you can get full function of compiere on data auditions.
pshen

Postby gaurav » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:30 pm

Thanx pshen for your reply.Acually i wanted to do make a new report just like default reports of compiere.So..please tell me is compiere using xml or jrxml for repots or through code only.
Well..i am already using jasper reoprts but not able to develop it like default reports of compiere.

thanx
gaurav
gaurav

Postby red1 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:33 am

As Peter explained, Compiere is not using JasperReports thus not jrxml nor even xml but just its own AD Report Formating template which is hardly GUI-like in its tools.

And Peter has generously promoted his own contribution as linked above. I believe it can fulfill many needs for Compiere users.

I have used JasperReports - IReports and i know it to be very GUI friendly and its getting more poweful. As i last put JasperReports in Compiere about 2 years ago, i m thinking of doing it again but using Peter's contribution.

Thanks P. Shen! You are most welcome to advertise, as i am happy promoting ppl like u :D

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby gaurav » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:43 pm

Thanx red1 for the information.

Regards,
gaurav
gaurav

append to menu tree?

Postby sheldler » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:33 am

Pshen,

You said: