Table used for POS

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

Table used for POS

Postby syah » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:40 am

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to use a VB POS and link it to Oracle compiere database and the management side still can use compiere to view all the transaction.

I've thought of using red1 approach but the client needs to be mobile so they will be using laptop for the pos and store it in a local database (access or mysql) and at the end of the day upload it to the central database (oracle)

I've gone through redPOS and that's helps in a way but I still can't figure out which table that POS actually used.

Have anyone tried this approach before? Is there going to be any problem with the AD if another application putting data str8 into oracle?

Thanks for your help.

SYAH
syah

Postby red1 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:37 pm

POS is based on the C_Order and C_OrderLine tables.

To import your mobile POS data into the system, u massage the data to excel CSV format. Then u use the Import Order to bring them into the system.
red1
Site Admin

Postby syah » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:42 pm

red1 wrote:POS is based on the C_Order and C_OrderLine tables.

To import your mobile POS data into the system, u massage the data to excel CSV format. Then u use the Import Order to bring them into the system.

Thanks red1 for the prompt reply. Really appreciate that because I need to demo this to a client next week :D

Dont mean to trouble you but when you said massage the data to CSV format do I need to include all the fields in both C_Order and C_Orderline in the CSV file? Is there a sample for the file?

Secondly, I've looked at the Import Order but I don't understand what all those fields are for (eg. Order, Business Partner, Product and Reference). Do I need to fill all those fields before I can proceed with the import?

Does it work the same way as importing Chart of Account?

Thanks again.

SYAH
syah

Postby trifon » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:38 am

Hi SYAH,

Yes, there is an example Order import, see: "Example Order" in "Import Loader Format" window.

Yes, you need most of fields, at least this which are mandatory for Sales Order.

Regards,
Trifon
Trifon Trifonov
trifon
Senior

Postby red1 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:35 am

syah wrote:Does it work the same way as importing Chart of Account?

The framework of all imports are the same:
1) Have source data in CSV format. Fields map to Import Loader.
2) Import Loader bring them to I_* files. Which for Orders its I_Order.
3) Process I_Order so that the values are updated into C_Order/Line tables.

The processing work is done by ImportOrder.java

You can refer to our http://compiere.red1.org/XML2AD.zip that handles Imports in a major way, which may be overkill for u, but contains some explanations that can be useful if u want to delve into it technically.
Last edited by red1 on Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
red1
Site Admin

Postby syah » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:29 pm

Hi all,

If I create another Import Loader Format and named it Import POS and create another I_POS table will it serve the same function as Import Order?
syah

Postby trifon » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:18 pm

Hi Syah,

you do not need to create new table in order to import POS Orders.
Compiere already contains table "I_Order" which is used to store external data.

You only need to create proper Import Loader Format.

Regards,
Trifon
Trifon Trifonov
trifon
Senior

Return to Ask RED1 personally