Change Account no's

The Financial Integration (FI) aspect of Compiere means Accounting Consequence, and stuff that makes Accountants rule. Well, IANA.

Moderator: lofx

Change Account no's

Postby mehra_anu » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:03 pm

Hi!!
i am starting Compiere implementation for my company. i have few doubts.
1. can i change account no's later even after i have made transactions in that account. if possible how to.
2. if we have accounts for certain shares, after we sell those shares and close accounts and later but new shares, can we rename those accounts.
3. is it possible to use decimal no's in accounts?
4. can i delete a client? i have tried it but it only allow me to deactivate the client. i have deactivated the client befor deactivating the role and created a new clirnt with a similar type of name. so can u please guide me how to delet the client or deactivate the role now, as similar names may cause confusion to others.

regards
Anurag
Regards

Anurag
mehra_anu

Postby lofx » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:09 pm

Hi!!!

all those questions are technically posible in compiere but be sure they comply the regulations in your country, because for instance uin mine (spain) you would go to jail if you would do so ;)....................

1) you can change it going to account element, displaying the tree and changing the name

2)same thing

3)as the name or search key of the acounts? you would have to go to the compiere AD and change the type of field for that, but be careful with the implications.

4)deleting clients (not the same as customer) is not possible in compiere. some other software based in compiere do allow to delete clients.

Regards,
lofx
Regular

Postby daniel_kepler » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:39 am

In relations to that, what you mean for "go to Compiere AD"??
how to use Compiere?
daniel_kepler

Return to Accounting Process