[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
From Flames To Fork, Comes Freedom • View topic - RMA questions

RMA questions

The Financial Integration (FI) aspect of Compiere means Accounting Consequence, and stuff that makes Accountants rule. Well, IANA.

Moderator: lofx

RMA questions

Postby benny » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:36 pm

Have you guys tested and started to use the RMA function in 2.51e?

It shows need to code creating credit memo??? when select the complete button.

Does it mean that credit memo cannot be link to RMA?

Another question is how can credit memo be link back to the relevant invoice? It could affect the accuracy of ageing as well.

Any idea?
benny

Postby red1 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:42 pm

n2n and me was solving this yesterday! What a coincidence! It seems accountants arrived at the same spot exactly! :o

At first we wanted to do some codes changes, then n2n found out that we may just use the DocType and code change only the negative values. In the end late last evening we found out that we only need to define the MM Customer Return DocType with a basetype of Material Delivery (MMS).
And the most littlest of code change - which is in
InvoiceGenerate.java where in
private void createline method the
line.setQty(qty.abs())
makes any negative value to be positive to effect a correct value posting. n2n confirm that with this the accounts consequence are correct.

This is done via the Sales Order where Customer Return is selected and process, then a shipment is effected resulting in a AR Credit Memo invoice. I don't remember all the flow correctly and perhaps n2n will respond to this approriately whenever he is free.

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby benny » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:32 pm

well i perfectly understand what you and n2n is trying to do for your scenario. I think my question is how to use the RMA window (which also has document type of material return = same as the one in sales order).

Is it to be used as a record after material return has been input in the sales order window or from the RMA window to generate customer return (negative shippments)?

i think normally RMA is used to be filled by the customer hence in a way, it's like a PO from customer to return goods.
It should do the latter.

what do u guys think?
benny

Postby benny » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:44 pm

I think there's no need to change the code or into negative value for your case. Just use the document base type = material receipt for customer return. It will treat it as if you have received the customer goods. The accounting entries seems to be correct as well.
benny

Postby benny » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:02 am

i think my earlier comment is incorrect as if you use material receipt to be base document for customer return, it will generate accounting entries for material receipt instead of material delivery.

Therefore, Red1's right to change the value to negative to effect correct accounting consequence. Another method is just ask the user to key in negative value.
benny

Postby red1 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:33 pm

hmm, i think u read me incorrectly. I mean to function(ABS) any negative value there to positive, the accounting consequence of CR and DR goes to thr right accounts and is ok except at that stage the postings must be positive, unlike the previous stage which remains negative.

It is still very confusing to me as i m no accountant. I only did what was settle by n2n. He knows and can explain the whole process, which he is writing into a complete document so give him some mroe time. :wink:
red1
Site Admin

Postby n2n » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:41 pm

Hi Benny,

I don't think the RMA function is ready and should be tagged as Beta. It looks like an approval process for returns.

Hope Compiere confirms this function soon!

Rgrds.
n2n
n2n

Fix for RMA function!

Postby trifon » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:04 pm

Hi All,
Here in Bulgaria we stricked with the same problem "Material Return".
This is info about our solution:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Account entries generated when user create "Material Receipt" are:
DR_______________| CR
14120-Product Asset | 21190-Not Invoice Receipts
So when we want to return materials back to Vendor we have to create reverse entries.
DR____________________| CR
21190-Not Invoice Receipts| 14120-Product Asset
Shipment Customer: Account entries when ship materials(products):
DR_______________| CR
51100-Product CoGS | 14120-Product Asset
Reverse entries, when client return materials(products):
DR_______________| CR
14120-Product Asset | 51100-Product CoGS
I have added Quantity Info to Fact Details entries(Changed Doc_InOut.java), so now in Financial Report we have information about Quantities.
You can see that Shipment(Customer) is changed. We have made two changes in it.
1) Sales Order is not Mandatory when Document Type is "MM Returns".
2) And we have added Button "Generate Invoice from Shipment"(Generated invoice is "AR Credit Memo").
There are screen shots that I have sent to Red1.
Red1 could you please publish screen shots.
I need time to extract source changes that concern only this change, so if someone need this sources could contact me and we could me a deal :).

Regards,
Trifon

red1 - the images that Trifon sent me are linked here:
http://compiere.red1.org/VendorReturn.jpg
http://compiere.red1.org/VendorReturn-AcctEntries.jpg
http://compiere.red1.org/CustomerReturn-AcctEntries.jpg
http://compiere.red1.org/CustomerReturn.jpg
Trifon Trifonov
trifon
Senior

Return to Accounting Process