Accounting Problem

The Financial Integration (FI) aspect of Compiere means Accounting Consequence, and stuff that makes Accountants rule. Well, IANA.

Moderator: lofx

Accounting Problem

Postby AndyRendle » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:50 pm

Good morning to all from a cold & snowing UK.

Due to my lack of knowledge about Accounting I am getting more and more confused. Can anyone help?

We have developed a simple online interface for Compiere comprising a webservice and session beans. Unfortunatly the actual business process now eludes me.

Our client deals in premium rate wireless content, we get a confirmation message everytime one of their customers sends some information via their servers.

We need to be able to allow our clients customers to view their account of monies owed to them which our client has been paid by the wireless networks.

Will all the customers need to be compiere clients or just business partners of our client?

How do we post a transaction to those customers and our client to indicate that our client is owed money by the wireless networks and our client owes a residual amout to a customer.

I hope this makes sense

TIA

Andy
Andrew Rendle
Team QuickSilver Software
AndyRendle

Re: Accounting Problem

Postby trifon » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:45 pm

Hi Andy,
AndyRendle wrote:Will all the customers need to be compiere clients or just business partners of our client?

Business Partner will be enough.

AndyRendle wrote:How do we post a transaction to those customers and our client to indicate that our client is owed money by the wireless networks and our client owes a residual amout to a customer.

You could create Payment in Compiere. This will show amount that customers have paid to your client. Use org.compiere.model.MPayment.

Regards,
Trifon
Trifon Trifonov
trifon
Senior

Postby red1 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:49 pm

hi Andy,
I seem to understand it as a prepaid service. Is that so? If so, then u make that service into a unit item in the inventory and prelocate into each customer as a warehouse location owning a certain deposit of unit cash or whatever they first booked from the operator of the wireless service.
As the clients used up the service the inventory is deplete accordingly ...thus the clients can login to view the balance item qty left in storage, as indication of their amts owing (when u tie a unit to a cost)

At least this solves part of the business story... if there are any other halves of the story, it should be due flow of process.

regards
red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby AndyRendle » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:04 pm

Thanks Trifon & Red1....the mist is beginning to clear
Andrew Rendle
Team QuickSilver Software
AndyRendle

Return to Accounting Process