[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
From Flames To Fork, Comes Freedom • View topic - Multidimentional Accounting

Multidimentional Accounting

The Financial Integration (FI) aspect of Compiere means Accounting Consequence, and stuff that makes Accountants rule. Well, IANA.

Moderator: lofx

Multidimentional Accounting

Postby azaharizaman » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:35 pm

Hi there,

I am working on Compiere Implementation on one of the client company that is project based. Most of the accounting entries(GL) are related to project (I can say all of the accounting entries are project related). I am also aware of the multis that is one of the many great features of Compiere. But I have this questions, How does Compiere really support multidimentional accounting?? After seraching through this forum, i found out that the element window can be use to setup a new accounting elements(or dimension) but unfortunately, when i try to create a new tree for this new dimension that i am about to create, it only gives me a list of the already existed dimensions/trees type (window:Tree>Tree>Type|Area). How if i want to have a new tree type for my new dimension??

Take for example, I need to setup project as my first element and Task (new element) as the second element. and each GL entries must have a valid project and task. How is this done then.

Many thanks in advance for any reply, and forgive me if this is not an accounting issue, but i just dont know where else to post.
WorLD_PeAcE
azaharizaman

Return to Accounting Process