Account 12110-Accounts Receivable NOT Updated

The Financial Integration (FI) aspect of Compiere means Accounting Consequence, and stuff that makes Accountants rule. Well, IANA.

Moderator: lofx

Account 12110-Accounts Receivable NOT Updated

Postby trifon » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:12 pm

Hi All,
I have one very big problem. The process is like this:
1. Create Sales Order with Type POS and Complete it(No account entries generated by Compiere).

2. Go to Shipment (Customer) and Post it(Account entries generated:
Dr. | Cr.
51100 Product CoGs | 14120 Products asset).

3. Go to Invoice (Customer) and Post it(Account entries generated:
Dr. | Cr.
12110 Accounts Receivable Trade |
| 21610 Tax Due
| 41000 Trade Revenue).
So far so good.
4. Go to Cash Journal and Complete it(Account entries generated:
Dr. | Cr.
11900 Petty Cash | 11910 Petty Cash In-Transfer).
No if I open Business Partner window I can see that his open Balance is 0.0, which is right.
But if i start process "Statement of Account" and choose account 12110 Accounts Receivable Trade I will see that Balance is not zero, which is wrong. Business Partner paid us but according to entries in account 12100 this Business Partner still owes us money.
This could be my mistake, probably I miss something, or this colud be a BUG.
According to me there is one financial transaction that is missing, and it is:
Dr. | Cr.
11910 Petty Cash In-Transfer | 12110 Account Receivable Trade

Any ideas or comments are very wellcome.
I use Compiere 2.5.1f.

Regards,
Trifon
Trifon Trifonov
trifon
Senior

Postby red1 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:39 pm

Hi Tirfon,
Very good and complete description of the problem! :D

First of all, do u have an accountant to refer to on your 'mistake'? - which i suspect may not be a mistake.

In accounts posting, the amt must never change i.e. a 12110 posting should remain forever. Its the balancing of the contra account that must appear and balance it to zero.

When u do Statement of Accounts, if its via Account Viewer, its only a specific view of a partifcular entry that u may be looking at. The correct view should be from the Financial Reports such as Balance Sheet - which will place all contra entries appropriately.

Am i right? :roll:

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby trifon » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:53 pm

red1 wrote:First of all, do u have an accountant to refer to on your 'mistake'? - which i suspect may not be a mistake.

I understand a little bit of accounting, but I will be glad if someone else who understand well Accounting comment on this thread.

red1 wrote:In accounts posting, the amt must never change i.e. a 12110 posting should remain forever. Its the balancing of the contra account that must appear and balance it to zero.

Yes, I agree once posted amount must not be changed.

red1 wrote:When u do Statement of Accounts, if its via Account Viewer, its only a specific view of a partifcular entry that u may be looking at. The correct view should be from the Financial Reports such as Balance Sheet - which will place all contra entries appropriately.red1

I make it with both, etc. i have defined Financial Report that shows accounts concerning Customers (
12110 Account Receivable
12190 Not Invoiced Receivables
12510 Customer Prepayment )
Last edited by trifon on Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trifon Trifonov
trifon
Senior

Postby red1 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:04 pm

Hi Trifon,
Since there are no Accountants around at this hour, let me try something:

A Cash Sale is not considered as an Invoiceable i.e. still owing by the customer as s/he has paid cash, thus the system generate an Indirect Invoice which is automatically processed. I did touch on this in the POSred1.pdf.

Thus the invoice issue to the system is a background matter and not for any tagging to control another accounting event. Its only for the record of Sales. When u made that sale, its invoiceing is closed. Further events should not touch it. The Cash Journal, yes, its still open as cash has to be transfered to the bank and so forth. Its books remain open until u do so.

Again for Invoicing, there are no expected movement for a closed and delivered and collected sale. Another reason why its an Indirect Invoice. Did u see the 'indirect' somewhere? I wonder if its Indirect AR? Getting u to mooze around here ;)

My point here is to try to lead u to arrive at the right Accounts viewing. I m still not sure if its a mistake. Perchance u missed the right view.

Its highly unlikely that the accounting engine is wrong for such an old process. It was correct when i passed this thru a project accountant during version 251e and possibly f. I cannot reaffirm that now as i do not have things setup.

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby trifon » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:13 pm

Hi Red1,

red1 wrote:Did u see the 'indirect' somewhere? I wonder if its Indirect AR?
Yes, Invoice type is "AR Invoice Indirect" and Shipment is "MM Shipment Indirect".
1) But what does it mean?
2) I don't know whether this documents will be posted by the system?
3) If Shipment Customer is not posted this would mean that account 14120 will not be decreased? Which would lead to wrong data in future.
red1 wrote:Its highly unlikely that the accounting engine is wrong for such an old process. It was correct when i passed this thru a project accountant during version 251e and possibly f.

Yes, I think that i'm doing something wrong, but I do not know what?

Best Regards,
Trifon
Trifon Trifonov
trifon
Senior

Postby red1 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:50 pm

Hi Trifon,
Try looking at your Account Viewer for all accounts that day. It should balance out. Therefore there is no error. Trace from there and see if u understand which contra which account. It should be stated in the same number of CR vs DR.

That's the best thing in my mind right now :shock:

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby lofx » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:20 am

Hi!!!

what frecuency do you have in your accounting processor?
maybe the transactions were not posted yet.................
If i don't remember badly, of course the customer account should be balanced in the end.

if you want to check it, though, take a look at the codes, in doc_cash.java to see what it does....................

hope this helps....................
lofx
Regular

It Works :))

Postby trifon » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:16 am

Hi All,
Finally I managed to find it.
After posting of Cash Journal I Opened View Allocation and POSTED the record. So Compiere works fine :))

Best regards,
Trifon
Trifon Trifonov
trifon
Senior

Accounts Payable/Receivable not updated

Postby moyses » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:39 am

Hi everybody!

Maybe I am missing something!

Here is my case. Using GardenWorld and Joe (open balance 0) as the BP
I am using Compiere 2.51G

Create a Standard Sales Order.
Generate Shipment
Generate Invoice
Go to Payment window select AR Receipt as the document type, and Joe as the BP, then in the invoice field press enter and select the previous created invoice and push the complete button.

Now do a CTRL+SHIFT+I and check joe

Do you notice that the credit used and credit available is not updated!?? Or it is just my imagination? :shock:

If I do a zoom to the business partner window the open balance is not updated!

Well I went to the BP info window and checked the payment tab and it exists!

OK lets go to the allocated payment report and there it is!.

Second Scenario

Create two invoices for Joe as explained before.

Now create the payment equal to the sum of the two invoices. This time you don't select any invoice.

Then go to the allocate payment window enter joe as the BP and select the payment with the invoices and clik on process.

Once again go back to the BP info window and notice that the open balance is now updated for the three payed invoices!

Is this normal? I am doing something wrong? Should I check something about accounting

So I am missing something to update the balance amount in the business partner window??

Thank you very much for your help!
moyses

Re: Accounts Payable/Receivable not updated

Postby trifon » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:56 pm

Hi moyses,
I checked it on 2.5.1f and it worked for me.
The scenario is:
Use Garden World and Joe: Credit Available=9748.26; Credit Used=251.74; Open Balance=503.48; Revenue=283.53

1) Create a Standard Sales Order(10 * Patio Chair = 337.50 + 20.25 Tax - 2.27 Discount = 357.75 Total).
2) Generate Shipment and Post it(Business Partner Info NOT updated).
3) Generate Invoice and Post it(Credit Available=9390.51; Credit Used=609.49; Open Balance=861.23; Revenue=641.28)
4) Create Payment -- Document Type="AR Receipt"; --Tender Type="Direct Debit" for previously created Invoice, Complete and Post Payment(Credit Available=9748.26; Credit Used=251.74; Open Balance=503.48; Revenue=641.28).

I had to open calendar period, because it was not open.

Regards,
Trifon
Trifon Trifonov
trifon
Senior

Return to Accounting Process