[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
From Flames To Fork, Comes Freedom • View topic - Prepaid Tax handling!

Prepaid Tax handling!

The Financial Integration (FI) aspect of Compiere means Accounting Consequence, and stuff that makes Accountants rule. Well, IANA.

Moderator: lofx

Prepaid Tax handling!

Postby tjikaljedy » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:01 am

Hi,

I am working on with Prepaid Tax; let’s say I have Services Sales Order:

SO: 011
Item: Course Training
Amount: $1000

And when A/R is over due I will create Invoice like:

Inv: 00001
Prepaid Tax(Tax): $100

After post to GL looks like:

Dr. A/R $1100
Cr. Course Training $1000
Cr. Prepaid Tax $100 <----- Is wrong (withholding tax)

GL journal seems like goes wrong, it should be:

Dr. A/R $900
Dr. Prepaid Tax $100 <----- (withholding tax)

What I do to handle the problem is keying minus(-) Tax amount in Tax Rate, and GL journal will proceed:

Inv: 00001
Prepaid Tax(Tax): $-100

Dr. A/R $900
Cr. Prepaid Tax $-100 <----- (withholding tax)

But it is against accounting rules…, does anyone has some problem with me?

In advances Thank You

Tjikal
Last edited by tjikaljedy on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
tjikaljedy

Postby red1 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:08 am

Hi,
I wonder whether u have setup the tax category in the Business Partner or Product section?

Did u repeat your case in a GardenWorld sample? Try to refer to the UserManual and ask us from there.

Thanks for joining :)

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby tjikaljedy » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:40 pm

Hi Red1,

Yes i did setup in Tax Category and tring in Gardenworld (Compiere 2.5.1G). the problem is i cannot get normal (not minus amount of tax) inside my invoice because compiere always added the amount, example:

Invoice Amount $1000
Tax $ 100
Total $ 1100

In my case i need to get withholding tax from gov so our invoice should like

Invoice Amount $1000
Tax $ 100
Total $ 900

for give me about my limitation knowleage in accounting

Thanks
tjikaljedy

Postby lofx » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:00 pm

hi!!

it seems that you need to modify the fact_acct for those transactions.
review the doc_invoice.java and see if that suits your needs, just changing the post from dr to cr or viceversa.

let us know if you need further help.................

Regards,
lofx
Regular

Postby red1 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:30 pm

Hi,
Now i see what u mean. Its working the tax backwards. Someone in the sourceforge forum did post this issue and it was some sort of a feature that Compiere doesnt really have, if i m not mistaken.

What u should do is perhaps not to use the tax function but use a charge or another expense item. In the Invoice it has to be a label u set.

What i mean is that u do not have to follow exactly what Compiere provides for u but bend it to your own needs. This require some creativity from your process person handling this project, that has to trace the whole process map so that the full cycles are clear as to any impact of such tactic.

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby tjikaljedy » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:48 am

tjikaljedy

Postby tjikaljedy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:54 pm

tjikaljedy

Postby red1 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:28 am

Hi tji,
this is good but can u put comments at the places u changed, and desc on what actually it does at the beginning. Once u post again, then i can delete your old post

I will move this thread to bugs section :)
thanks for a your contribution!
red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby hero » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:41 am

Hi!

Congrats on a great forum! Much more friendly than the open source one!

I'm trying to implement withholding too, but no success here. I figured out as much: to change the Doc_Invoice class , but I am not too convinced it would be the best idea.

BTW: Im interested in modeling withholding for the AP and AR functionality.

It;s hard to believe that such a great tool as Compiere doesn't have it!
hero

Postby hero » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:15 pm

hero

Return to Accounting Process