2nd , 3rd Accounting Schema

The Financial Integration (FI) aspect of Compiere means Accounting Consequence, and stuff that makes Accountants rule. Well, IANA.

Moderator: lofx

2nd , 3rd Accounting Schema

Postby hema » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:29 pm

Hi,

I don't understand the purpose of having a 2nd and 3rd Accounting Schema (please refer to Client Info tab in Client window). :?:

Moreover, say I loaded Accounting Schema X for my client. Later, is possible to load other accounting schemas? If yes, how?

Many thanks,
Hema
hema
Regular

Postby lofx » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:02 pm

Hi!!

we still haven't used the second and third accounting schema, but i can answer to the second part..................

you can load a new coa whenever you want and the default accounts and so on will be accordingly modified...............

hope this helps..................
lofx
Regular

Postby hema » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:38 pm

Hi Lofx,

thank you for your reply. I don't know much about accounting but I was wondering; suppose I want to load a new accounting schema that now contains new default accounts or contain additional or less accounts or accounts with different names. Will this affect my old accounts and their corresponding values? How will my system know how to make the adjustments?

Many thanks,

Hema
hema
Regular

Postby red1 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:05 pm

Me either (dont know thoroughly about accounting).

I think u would change the accounting schema during year change/end when u start a new calender.

I think the system doesnt bother with previous records that are past which u can archive and even purge after that for housekeeping. It just keeps on doing the new updates in new schema. Anyway i trust postings are done in an archiving manner all the time - it just keep storing records and hardly lookup other references (doesnt come to my mind).

It may be troublesome then for reporting later when u need to pull up years ago data, but u already have them archived so its just taking previous figures and presenting them again in a spreadsheet.

Thus what should be interesting is to try using the extra accounting schema. I suspect it may just solve your problem, as with another schema, during the new calender year, u just specify that u are now using a new schema and no longer the old one. But the old one remain as the first schema for reference purposes and solve the later reporting issue.

Why dont u forward a request under Support at Compiere as you have gone for their training and u should get some priority there.

And pls tell us what u find out ;)

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby hema » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:50 pm

Hello Red1,

thank you very much for your explanation. It helped me:)

Hema
hema
Regular

Return to Accounting Process