Consolidation

The Financial Integration (FI) aspect of Compiere means Accounting Consequence, and stuff that makes Accountants rule. Well, IANA.

Moderator: lofx

Consolidation

Postby Reeja » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:30 pm

Hi,

Can anybody tell me does compiere support consolidation? Like for example, There is a group with 5 companies under it located at different places using different currencies. Now Can I create a company with 5 Organizations with 5 differnt acccounting currencies and get the performance of each organization in their accounting currency. And also get the performance of all the 5 organizations together in the group's accounting currency as well. Does Compiere Support this and how?

Hope I am clear. Please let me know if this possible and to what extent?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Reeja
Reeja

Postby red1 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:32 am

Hi Reeja,
These matters are very possible but requires some customisations.
Why i say its possible is due to the fact that all companies can be in the form of ORG that is stored in database. Thus their FACT_ACCT details are already there for the data-mining.

One good OLAP tool u can use is from MONDRIAN-JPIVOT or from Excel or even Oracle itself. Key words are OLAP and PIVOT Tables.

Your request is actually a reporting or datamining issue, and its not transational or operational.

Worst case is that u dump all the different accounting reports into Excel spreadsheets and u know what to do from there. Lots of pizza and coke! :lol:

red1
red1
Site Admin

Return to Accounting Process