[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
From Flames To Fork, Comes Freedom • View topic - Need help with Custom Reports

Need help with Custom Reports

Before you even think of trying Compiere. What you should worry about. What are the issues? These are stuff that our prospects and clients went through. No holds barred. We tell it like it is.

Need help with Custom Reports

Postby mdsahni » Sun May 14, 2006 11:51 am

Hi Guys,

I've got one project on Compiere Migration and also to design some custom reports. After lots of troubles i managed to migrate, but now looking for help in customising reports [around 6-7].

I can pay for the work also, but ofcourse on thin string budget!!

Anyone interested please call me at +60 123 247 427 [Malaysia].

Regards,
Deep
mdsahni

Same request for customization

Postby mhafod » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:32 pm

mhafod

Re: Need help with Custom Reports

Postby mdsahni » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:12 am

Hi Mhafod,

As such getting help is tough, but there are some links that you can explore:

Compiere Website [http://www.compiere.com/technology/integration/extend.html]
Compiere Forums
Compilo document [https://sourceforge.net/projects/compilo]
and of course the Red1 website

But still its not that easy, but if you really need help with customization and and can pay for it also, we've found one local company that works on Compiere and can do whatever you are looking for, at quite reasonable rates.

Let me know then I can introduce you to the guy.

Regards,
mdsahni
mdsahni

Thanks for the info- Additional prob with reports.

Postby mhafod » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:02 pm

Hello,

I managed to get the reports working and the layout is good as far as the design is concerned.

Now, I need to add additional fields to the report. I was able to add those in the Window by working the AD. I can input the data and things seems to be going well.

I was looking at the process of getting the report to print out those additional fields. That's where things are not working so good.

1) What is the proper procedure for modifying the original report. I did not want to modify the report view (related to invoice). So I created another view and registered it. However, I can not assign this print format to the invoice. I only see the basic template.

Can anyone provide a detailed procedure for adding fields to a report ?
Please note that I want the report format to stay the same even if there a migration later on (as such, I don't want to modify the report view in ORacle without going through the AD).

Hope I gave a good explanation of my problem.

Thanks
mhafod

Postby mdsahni » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:53 am

The easiest way to add a report is to use the existing reporting infrastructure:

create a view [in oracle] with the info you want to report on
import the view in the data dictionary [in compiere]
create a report/process with the required parameters
add the report/process to the menu or in this case to the Invoice window or whereever you want to show it.

And any thing created in compiere as User Defined, will stay even after running migration, don't worry on that. Problem only comes when you start modifying the java code.

I hope this helps.

regards,
mdsahni

Got it

Postby mhafod » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:41 pm

Thanks for the info.

Worked fine.
mhafod

Return to PreSales Bites