Need help in Migration

Before you even think of trying Compiere. What you should worry about. What are the issues? These are stuff that our prospects and clients went through. No holds barred. We tell it like it is.

Need help in Migration

Postby mdsahni » Sat May 06, 2006 3:53 pm

Hi Red,

I've got one project on migration, though I've been working on it for last two weeks, need some help from you for some of the issues that i still have, can you please have a look at this link.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=410216

Thanx & Regards,
mdsahni
mdsahni

Postby red1 » Sat May 06, 2006 4:41 pm

Hi Mdsahni,
Migration is a service Compiere.org offers, that will fully tackle all the related issues. U have to purchase their service at http://www.compiere.org/

I did write some guide > 1 year ago at http://compilo.sf.net/ so look into it there. But like i said elsewhere its my principle not to write anything that overlaps with what compiere sells, thus i wont assist further than that.

If there are other consultants experienced that u need, u have to make an offer for them here. So pls state the fee u alot and they shuld contact u here or privately. But they cant do much without the purchased service.

have a nice day
regards
red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby mdsahni » Sat May 06, 2006 6:08 pm

We [our client] did purchased the paid support, but not getting enough help, I'm not sure if that is what we've paid for. You can see my posting in there!!

As such I managed to complete the migration process, but after runing the application, I'm getting few errors in my cutsom reports and not sure how to fix them. Actualy I think I need some refresher course in Report Customisations, then I should be able to trace the errors.

Secondly, My idea is that custom reports are all inside the database, so after migration also they should run. But the error I'm getting is missing Class, is it possible that to create this custom report the earlier developer has created soem java file and now after upgrade the java code is missing?? Is it possible to get the java file info from the earlier code [binary only].

regards,
mdsahni

Postby mdsahni » Sat May 06, 2006 6:10 pm

Red,

You have any plan to update that Compilo document, that will be really a big help to new guys like me.

regards,
mdsahni

Postby red1 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:11 am

If u had an earlier developer customising your application, of course u need to update again when u migrate to new javasource version.

About java customisations u shuld now read Neil's Strictly Technical and Contributor's Corner postings in this forum.

Compilo will not advance in that direction as much our focus there is to give technical overview.
red1
Site Admin

Return to PreSales Bites