Compiere for Steel Casting manufacure

Before you even think of trying Compiere. What you should worry about. What are the issues? These are stuff that our prospects and clients went through. No holds barred. We tell it like it is.

Compiere for Steel Casting manufacure

Postby Usman » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:09 pm

Hi, Mr. red1.

Our company is Steel casting manufacture (foundry), we produce parts for mining company. We are interested in Compiere and Compiere mfg-scm.
Pls. advice the best and fastest way to implement it.

Rgds.
Usman.
www.ptgrowthasia.com
Usman
Regular

Postby lofx » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:52 pm

Hi!!!

My own humble advice (let us see what mr red1 says) ;) is to contact any of the compiere partners or compiere related services firms from all around the world to ask them for a proposal and better description of the project. I personally don't know of any compiere implementation made by the own final users.
Nevertheless, we must say that it is not going to be easy nor cheap. Compiere manufacturing modules (as far as i know) are not developed by compiere inc itself, but rather by a mexican firm that if fact created its own compiere fork (compiere libero, to be found at sourceforge) that includes manufacturing. However, you should first ask for the success cases and implementations docs, to see if it fits you, because manufacturing is such a broad area that one must be very careful about this.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
lofx
Regular

Postby Usman » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:21 am

Yes, let's hear Mr. red1 advice.
thanks the info, iofx.

Rgds.
Usman
Regular

Postby red1 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:20 am

Very fast and correct advice from Lofx.

The next further answer will be a standard answer:

1) Conduct requirements analysis
1.1) Issue a RFP to selective vendor consultants (preferably Compiere Partners listed in www.compiere.org)
2) Select best vendor to implement

That will complement Lofx's best and fastest way.

There are slower ways if u wish to save as much money but then u waste time and money in the end because the steel industry is a very expensive industry and time is money to it. Getting properly registered consultants with compiere is very important cos they are under contract to make sure your system worked, and they are aligned to the creators of Compiere source itself. Also they will suffer embrassment and badwill if things remain broken.

The main issue about software implementations is that 85% will fail to complete the journey as expected.

For others similar attempts, I wont advise DIY (DO IT YOURSELF) because it will take you years. And if anything goes wrong you won't have a vendor consultant to blame or sue :lol: .

btw, Lofx, i did received your Compiere POS modules some time ago, but i need some brief writeup and screenshots to let me quickly write up about what wonderful stuff your company did :)
red1
Site Admin

Steel Solutions

Postby buysellplatform » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:25 am

iZeno has an extended version of Compiere for Steel Processor. They may have the domain knowledge to assist you.

Read about Open Source ERP new here:

http://www.zdnetasia.com/smb/news/0,390 ... 458,00.htm
buysellplatform

Return to PreSales Bites