From The Trenches - Special Blog by Compiere Implementer

Before you even think of trying Compiere. What you should worry about. What are the issues? These are stuff that our prospects and clients went through. No holds barred. We tell it like it is.

From The Trenches - Special Blog by Compiere Implementer

Postby In Deep » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:41 am

From The Trenches
Tales from a real user detailing the highs and lows of implementing Compiere in an established company. Names may have been changed to protect the innocent, but believe it or not, it is all true. Think of it as a blog. You may have to use your imagination.

Welcome to my blog. Before I start, some simple rules. Since this isn't really a blog site, please only reply to my posts; do not create new posts.

That's all the rules. I am starting this forum to discuss the trials and tribulations of implementing Compiere for the user perspective. "Why?", you ask. Because I felt, to some degree, that I was blazing a new trail. I felt, most of the people out there in CompiereLand are developers/integrators or people that are considering Compiere but are too afraid to take that jump. Maybe I'm wrong. Feel free to share your thoughts.

Anyway, in order to share my experiences with everyone, I asked red1 if I could have my own forum to talk about this, and he ever so kindly obliged. So hopefully we can all learn from this. Future users can learn what it really takes to get Compiere up and running, from the earliest stages of planning, working with developers, training users, and of course, going live. To be honest, I have not gone live yet, but have been working many months with a supportive team and am very close. Atleast, that's what I tell my users. As far as what developers/integrators can learn, well, that is up to you to decide since I am not one, but I think at the very least you can learn what it takes to work with a demanding client on an international project. Yes, I said "international project". I am the only one based out of North America. The developers I am working with (to do customization and support) are based all over the world. Isn't this how it works nowadays?

Anyway, feel free to let me know your thoughts: what topics you'd like to see discussed, what your experiences working with Compiere have been (good, bad, and ugly), and whether you feel this is a worthwhile effort (not that it really matters, because I feel like sharing my thoughts anyway).

Talk to you soon.

-In Deep
In Deep

Congratulations..This Will Sure Be an Interesting Forum!

Postby Enrique » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:19 am

Hi In Deep,

I would like to share with you and all of us who visit this forum, a bit of my own experience in implementing Compiere and learn a lot from yours too.

I'd like to know what is your general approach to implementing Compiere, are you going for a 'Big Bang" Type of implmentation where all of the the modules in Compiere are kicked off at once..or rather you are following a phased approach to it.

Regards,

Enrique
Enrique

Return to PreSales Bites