Hi Red1, hi all,
I've been implementing Compiere for several sites this year. This comes from my experience that in many cases Compiere could not tackle a "real world" situation elegantly. The following is not an exhausted list.
1. Inventory Move between Warehouse should utilize Goods In Transit account (From Warehouse From loads to vehicle and discharge vehicle to Warehouse To)
2. AR Credit Memo should post to Return Sales account, not to be reversed post in order to distinguish them from Voided Invoice (or your accountant will distress)
3. In real world, Requisition and PO is not a 1:1 relationships. It's more like N:N.
4. Lack of voucher print-out in Cash Journal
5. Insensitive of showing price in Shipment/Material Receipt (e.g. in Sales Order Line combobox). This can be done easily by modifying the Identifier though.
6. Need a bulk entry/pick of Attribute Set Instance
7. Flexible Account default derivation.
E.g. Product Asset can be derived from Product or Warehouse, Product Revenue can be derived from Product or Business Partner, etc.
8. Unearned Revenue handling not by product, but by sales type.
We have developed solution for some of them. However, I would like to hear what you are thinking. Thanks,