Receipt of Invoice........

It is here where business functions and pains hits you in the face. Do we extend and weave requirements into Compiere? Or do we just tweak hardly a code with smart thinking and a full grasp of Compierology? You’ll see lots of both in making your business grow.

Receipt of Invoice........

Postby john_cvs » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:22 pm

Hi..

I want to know that can we automate the receipt of "invoice" or "changed price list" or "any new promotion" given by vendor suppling goods [ We are not producing it we r just selling it to customers] as an mail, because we dont want to give access to vendors in our system, only way they can contact is email or fax.

should i need to code for that or anything is availabel already. Please send me your views..

John :!:
john_cvs

Postby lofx » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:35 pm

Hi!!!

it is quite complicated to do so............... have you really explored the skills of the "webstore" interface? i think the security checks and the custom interface provided the user is marked as a bp vendor are enough to make simple transactiosn just by giving them access to that part of the system. the possiblity you are commenting upon should work very similar to edi, where codes sent by e-mail by vendors could be imported into compiere and interpreted as parameters by the system, but of course you would need code for that, and a serious study of how to implement it.

Regards,
lofx
Regular

Thankx lofx ...........!

Postby john_cvs » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:46 pm

Hi lofx

Thanx for your reply , as you said this is a difficult task to do i will try for it to make it happen and contribute to opensource. As you said this kind of facility is their in edi i am checking that out but can you suggest me what will be the easiest and alternative way of making it happen?

or say if i decided to receive emails and enter details manually in to the system how should i do that....
1. Sales order generated by Vendor against our PO. [ should i treat as invoice ?] or how can i generate that? i am a bit confused, can you pls show me the path out of this? :roll:

Thanx,
Regards,
John
[Snr Manager]
john_cvs

Return to Reality Strikes