Problm Assigning Roles and Organisations

It is here where business functions and pains hits you in the face. Do we extend and weave requirements into Compiere? Or do we just tweak hardly a code with smart thinking and a full grasp of Compierology? You’ll see lots of both in making your business grow.

Problm Assigning Roles and Organisations

Postby sunilverma » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:06 pm

Hi

I am facing a problem

I am creating Organisations under a client in Compiere and creating users too and giving them access to Organisations.

Eg .

I have two Organisations

HR

Accounts

and two users

abc_HR having access to HR

xyz_Acc having access to Accounts

now abc_HR enters Employee record under Employee Window

now when xyz_Acc opens the Employee window ( given window access ) the window opens but the Emloyee record is not being displayed

I have to assign xyc_Accounts to HR organisation too in order to do that
which breaches the security

Please help

I'll be greateful if someone explains User, Roles and Organisation

Thanks in advance.

Sunil
sunilverma

Postby red1 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:48 pm

Did u try going deeper into the Role window? There are further tab selection option for u to be more detail and specific in what exact minute window, process or form a particular user can get at.

U shuld find out more from the User Manual. Its getting much better now.
red1
Site Admin

Any solution to this Role access ?

Postby mhafod » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:10 am

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. I have store1 and store2 with users in both organizations.
Both users in store1 and store2 should be able to use the same BP. That is if a BP is entered either by store1 or store2, it should be visible for both afterwards (no need to have duplicates).

I tried to play with Role and Role data access and it seems to be not working.
I should point out that it is not the Table access to I worry about. I need to make data in the BP table available to both ORG.

All the remaining data (invoices, etc ...) should be separate and not visible to other ORG.
mhafod

found out the sol

Postby mhafod » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:00 am

just use the * or the specific org to differentiate between a client's or org partner.

Anyway, trial and error seems to be working but waste of time on such trivial issues that should be covered in the manual.
mhafod

Postby red1 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:41 am

More often than not, u need to delete a certain default record and recreate it.

By default i mean records that are auto created or present when u first open the window of a new role or user.

This means also that sometimes Compiere system has pointing problems to its own apparently generated records. Even though what u deleted and recreate are the same, it seems to work that way.
red1
Site Admin

Return to Reality Strikes