How to return Scrapped quantity to vendor?

It is here where business functions and pains hits you in the face. Do we extend and weave requirements into Compiere? Or do we just tweak hardly a code with smart thinking and a full grasp of Compierology? You’ll see lots of both in making your business grow.

How to return Scrapped quantity to vendor?

Postby gaurav » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:31 pm

Hi All
I received 5 items from Material Receipt window and clicked on "Create Confirmation" .Then this document goes for QA confirmation on Ship/Receipt Confirm where QA people select 4 items as Confirmed Quantity and 1 item as Scapped Quantity.Now after compliting this document it makes an entry in Material Receipt window as splitted item.This workflow is clear to me but the problem is i wasnt to return back this 1 scrapped item to the Vendor from which i purchsed.How can i do so? Where is the window or which workflow is there which returns this scrapped item back to the vendor?

Thanking you

Regards,
gaurav
gaurav

Postby lofx » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:51 pm

Hi!!!

you should use a rma document, or any other you define with customer shipment/delivery as base document, but unmarked as sales transaction, so that you find it in the material receipt window, and enter the scrapped qty there, thus it will lesser your stock (or your expected qty if not completed the confirmation, and leave the confirmation uncomplete, unless you receive a new item substituting the scrapped one.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
lofx
Regular

Postby gaurav » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:05 pm

Thanx alot Lofx
gaurav

Return to Reality Strikes