Regarding to 252e - POS

It is here where business functions and pains hits you in the face. Do we extend and weave requirements into Compiere? Or do we just tweak hardly a code with smart thinking and a full grasp of Compierology? You’ll see lots of both in making your business grow.

Regarding to 252e - POS

Postby ngterry » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:25 pm

Hi!

How does the POS work? When I enter an amount in 'Cash Given', there is no response. When I use the number pad to enter, there is no response, too. Can someone share his experience using the POS? How to make it? Moreover, how to cooperate it with barcode reader and cash register?

Best regards,

Terence
ngterry

Postby lofx » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:54 pm

Hi!!!

I am sorry to throw some advertisement here, and i would be happy if someone would correct me, but mi experience with compiere POS, until version 2.5.1 g (haven't had time to extensively but the tech guys at my firm tell me the code isn't there yet) is that it is not working, as plain and simple as that. the code is commented there, the files are created, but the code to make it work, open the drawre, complete the orders and so on, is just not there.

So i advise you either to have patience, develop it on your own, or try some of the opensource solutions based in compiere (some in english soon) ;)

Regards,
lofx
Regular

Postby ngterry » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:15 pm

Does anyone know the status of the POS software terminal in 2.5.2f? Anyone already try it?
ngterry

Return to Reality Strikes