link process parameters.

It is here where business functions and pains hits you in the face. Do we extend and weave requirements into Compiere? Or do we just tweak hardly a code with smart thinking and a full grasp of Compierology? You’ll see lots of both in making your business grow.

link process parameters.

Postby aalliana » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:48 am

Hi: I have a process that has 2 parameters, Requisition and Requisition Line.

Is it possible to link both parameters? I.E. the first parameter should restrict the values of the seconc parameter.

I've been trying to do this by dynamic validations, but my validation code does not work:

where M_Requisition_ID = @M_Requisition_ID@

TIA

aa
aalliana

Postby red1 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:04 am

That is achieved if your process results in your PrintFormat i.e. Batch Print output. Otherwise what is your intended output? If its to crunch thru such data then u can use a pattern in some of the source itself. I can past them here if u want that.

About the PrintFormat above, i achieved a Form PrintFormat instead of multi row form. Some small trick involved there too. I be writing a proper tutorial on this soon, but if u want it fast here i can just post the tricks.

Pls make request here. (will also move this thread to Strictly Technical)
red1
Site Admin

Thanks!

Postby aalliana » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:15 pm

Thanks! Red1 for your quick anwer. No, my report is not a form. Yes, I have generated the model.

My validation code is now working to select the values! But the process does not receive the value selected :(

I changed my validation to

M_Requisition_ID = @M_Requisition_ID@

(without the word where) and now the second parameter is filtered ok. But the report does not receive the value in it's parameters :(. It's really weird since I can see in the console output that the correct value is assigned to a variable.

Do you have any idea why the report is not receiving the parameter? (It only receives the first parameter, the not the second, not even with null value)

Thanks again

aa
aalliana

Return to Reality Strikes