Aging Reports cannot be generated base on the report date

It is here where business functions and pains hits you in the face. Do we extend and weave requirements into Compiere? Or do we just tweak hardly a code with smart thinking and a full grasp of Compierology? You’ll see lots of both in making your business grow.

Aging Reports cannot be generated base on the report date

Postby cooldog » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:04 pm

I believe this feature is essential to enable users to take leave on the date this report is to be generated. :lol:
What I did was to modify the existing java code and move it to oracle procedure so that this report can be installed without compiling the source code. I have also wrote a script to install and uninstall this report. Once installed you will see two reports AR Aging and AP Aging Report. These are summary reports where value are grouped by Bunsiness Partner and Currency. Detail reports can also be generated with some additional clicks. I'll add the detail reports as a install script in the next version.
cooldog

Postby red1 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:29 pm

Interesting. :? Well, pass me the screenshots so that we can upload for others to see what u mean. From what i know, Compiere shouldn't have such a limitation as the Financial Reporting Engine can create Aging reports too as i state in the Compilo document.
Can't the AD Report and Process be used to manipulate the Date issue u mentioned?
:wink:
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:43 pm

CoolDog has passed me the files and i uploaded to http://compiere.red1.org/T_aging.zip

Please examine his scripts there. I think they are a good work on making the Aging module more versatile.

red1
red1
Site Admin

Oracle procedire

Postby Kayrat » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:30 pm

Hello!
Lot thanks fot your great work!!

And the question is: If we use MaxDB Compiere configuration, will this extension work as Cooldog says "moved smth to Orcale procedure@?
Kayrat

Postby red1 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:12 am

Hi Kayrat,
I was waiting if some1 else answer u. Since no one yet, let me offer some view.

I think what is meant by moving smoothly across to Oracle procedure is to abstract out the interogation of the DB without touching source codes, which is given by PL/SQL of Oracle.

I dunno much of MaxDB, but if it has an SQL engine too, then if u understand the logic used by cooldog u should not find any issue to migrate those SQLs to your DB version.

U can try and update us back.

regards
red1
red1
Site Admin

Return to Reality Strikes