Shipments Report

It is here where business functions and pains hits you in the face. Do we extend and weave requirements into Compiere? Or do we just tweak hardly a code with smart thinking and a full grasp of Compierology? You’ll see lots of both in making your business grow.

Shipments Report

Postby moyses » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:38 am

Hello everybody!

I beg your help for this matter.

The scenario is as follows:

The company owns 4 distribution trucks, one for each sales region.

Every morning a person decides which distribution truck will go out that very day to deliver the shipments, considering the total weight that the truck can carry or the total money amount for every sales region.

Actually with our current system this process is done manually. For example

The Sales Region A have 3 sales orders pending to be delivered.
ORDER 1 Total Weight for this order 1000 Kg. Total Amount US$1,000
ORDER 2 Total Weight for this order 500 Kg. Total Amount US$2,000
ORDER 3 Total Weight for this order 1500 Kg. Total Amount US$3,000

Total Amounts for Sales Region A: 3,000 Kg. and US$6,000

Sales Region B only have 1 order pending to be delivered.
ORDER 4 Total Weight for this order 3,000 Kg. Total Amount US$100

So the person decides that the truck for sales region A will go out and will deliver orders 1, 2, 3.

The truck for sales region B will stay in the warehouse. The total money amount will not cover even the expenses incurred in delivering the goods (gas, and others).

I though about two options. The attainable scenario (what I can do at this point of time) and the ideal scenario (what would be great but I can not do it :) right now)

The attainable scenario (with your help of course!)

1.- Create a report with the required columns, print it and decides which orders will be delivered and use the current "Generate Shipments Manual" for this purpose.

I was looking at the C_Order table for a parameter that indicates that an order have not been delivered but found none!. Someboy knows what parameter is used to determined which orders are pending to be delivered?

Any tip or pointer is greatly appreciated.

The Ideal Scenario!

2.- It would be great if the manual shipment Window can be modified to show two more columns: the BP location for the order and the total weight grouped by Sales Region so that the person responsible for generating the shipments can choose the orders to be delivered and SUM amount for weight and total amount be updated "on the fly" depending of the selected orders.

Somebody can give me a quotation for creating this functionality in Compiere?

Thank you very much for your kind attention.
moyses

Postby red1 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:53 pm

moyses wrote:I was looking at the C_Order table for a parameter that indicates that an order have not been delivered but found none!. Someboy knows what parameter is used to determined which orders are pending to be delivered?
I believe the Generate Shipments (Manual) does show the outstanding or backorder SO that are undelivered.
About doing that functionality in the window that is also a good idea. If no one has done so, and u still want a quote, tell me, and i will mail u one.
red1
Site Admin

Return to Reality Strikes