BackDrop Management and New BOM Drop

The migration of Adempiere modules to iDempiere

BackDrop Management and New BOM Drop

Postby red1 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:37 pm

As part of the new Libero rewrite viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1844
i am making vast improvements such as a more intuitive BOM Drop framework. Instead of calling up the BOM Drop separately and then choosing the parent product through a possibly long list and also long order list, i made an alternative BOM Drop attached to a window to automatically preset the BOM parent, Order document and Qty set for that order, and returning the BOM explosion selection back to the same order.

WindowToBOMDrop.png
WindowToBOMDrop.png (43.39 KiB) Viewed 6813 times
The BOM Drop button is conveniently at the same window the user is working from.

AutoBOMDrop.png
AutoBOMDrop.png (80.95 KiB) Viewed 6813 times
The opened BOM Drop dialog has all its selection boxes (product, sales order, qty) preset conveniently. No guesses and misses can happened. I made a movie to illustrate this better.

When a mistake is done, just simply go back to the BOM and drop again, as it will update the old set in the window tabs. It will not disturb the other BOM drops or single items.

The BackOrder Management plugin has this BOM Drop and later i will make an equivalent one for the new MRP framework which will rope in every recent development thus far - WMS, Sales Forecast, and BackOrders.

Source is at http://bitbucket.org/red1/org.backorder.management
Binary is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/red1/files/warehousing/.
red1
Site Admin

Re: BackDrop Management and New BOM Drop

Postby red1 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Now the BackOrder can import in already drafted Sales Orders. Just go into a blank BackOrder window, and all you have to do is set the Sales Order ID, then Save it, the import automatically happens.

NewSales.png
NewSales.png (97.67 KiB) Viewed 6686 times
Above is a new Sales Order with 2 order lines.

SetSalesOrder.png
SetSalesOrder.png (67.33 KiB) Viewed 6686 times
Above we set the Sales Order ID and that is all. Just save it.

OrderImported.png
OrderImported.png (77.61 KiB) Viewed 6686 times
Everything imported. Note the Sales Orderline tab also appearing.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:17 pm

Following the WMS BackOrder feature function viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1839&start=25#p8933
this Sales cockpit plugin can also do the same:

BackOrderPremature.png
BackOrderPremature.png (110.14 KiB) Viewed 6673 times
2 OrderLines from previous Import were made to generate 'received' DeliverySchedule to pick, then an adjustment done to say one of them didn't pick the same quantity, so it reappear back, but await for full Shipment completion of present, before you can generate again. The message will be modified at the WMS side to be 'Shipment/Receipt'.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:31 pm

This can now cross over into Libero territory with the OrderManagement also allowing those that are BOM type to show if they are 'materials ready' and availability calculated according to the stack selection. The HandlingUnit will then has to possess the field 'M_ProductionPlan_ID'. The OrderManagementLine also needs a new checkbox 'ProductionReadyStack' that derives from:
MBM_OrderManagementLine -> ProductionReadyStack = if (IsBOM) && HandlingUnit >> EmptyStorageLine[Product.Qty] # balance > new HandlingUnit >> ProductionStage(KanbanBoard).

There will be two processes:
1. To refresh the checkbox. When there is capacity of enough BOM children for the Order BOM parent, then it is checked. The balance is used to calculate the next in the stack and so on.

2. To assign the Production Plan to the OrderManagementLines that has the checked boxes, and Handling Unit (holding the raw materials) and update its status from 'ready for production' to 'in production'.

(Note that in line with the cardinal Red1's Rule of Non-Core Touching, the additional properties to handle Production IDs in Handling Unit has to be in a sub-model-tab i.e. WM_HandlingUnitProductionDetails where any fresh changes can remain there. This will make maintenance of the modules cleaner and WMS need not be upgraded. A separate plugin dependent on the WMS and PM_SalesProduction can exist. It will house the InfoWindow which is derived from the OrderManagement but with specific Production handling).
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Now we look at how to integrate this to the concept of shopfloor scheduling. In conventional Libero there is the ProductPlanning model to denote the use of Resource Workflows and production unit arrangement and timings. Here we can use the same. But we ignore the MO (PP_Order / Manuacturing Order) for now and stick to the ProductionPlan (legacy of Compiere as used by Adaxa Light also).

The Kanban Board or HandlingUnit when moved to Production Start can be intercepted by an EventHandler from the new Production plugin to calculate its stacking on the shopfloor by checking first the ProductPlanning, then the associated Resources Workflow and update the InfoSchedule to allow another visible asset of Compiere to come into play. Note that in my Libero work among the latest enhancement i did is to bring this InfoSchedule into the picture.

The InfoSchedule and its attendant Resource WFs can continue on its own via the WF Activity and at end can update the KanbanBoard of its 'ProductionEnds'. This are spinoffs in the overall archictecture of the new Libero i am dreaming of. For my present candidate i will do this later. Suffice to have just the ProductPlanning checking and giving the WorkStart and WorkEnd schedule which can update the new WM_HandlingUnitProductionDetails as further InfoWindow columns.

The legacy ProductionPlanning will be extended to capture the ScheduleDetails such as StartJob, EndJob
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:58 pm

Here we expand in more details on some important processes of previous post.

1. The Start Production Event Handler and Production InfoWindow will check the ProductionPlanDetail field of sufficient materials for selection stack.

2. This field is checked based on:
a. BOM children qtys as configured during drop.
b. KanbanBoard HandlingUnit 'Ready For Production' status materials
c. Check off qtys until balance reach zero.

When processed, another field, 'Started' is also checked, and this detail no longer appears in InfoWindow or used for future checking.
A param 'Move KB card' will update the DocStatus so that it moves on the Kanban Board. Otherwise it has to be moved manually. When moved manually, the EventHandler also check (2) and 'Move KB Card'.

During move back of KB card, EventHandler will reverse HU status and thus made available as before. However if the status is 'locked' or moved further into into production, then it is not reversible.

In essence what this does is calculating net requirements availability and not yet the scheduling part. it sufficiently gives more power to the Kanban display with such behind the scenes raw materials stacking allotment.

Its specs is continued here viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1848&p=8952#p8952
red1
Site Admin

Return to iDempiere