[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
From Flames To Fork, Comes Freedom • View topic - Migrating Android UI Mobile

Migrating Android UI Mobile

The migration of Adempiere modules to iDempiere

Migrating Android UI Mobile

Postby red1 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:03 pm

My latest spate of Pluginization (as Carlos Ruiz puts it) is with another nice contribution from Paul Bowden of ADAXA Melbourne - the based on the project.

This conversion effort and upgrade to the latest iDempiere is sponsored by SYSNOVA, Bangladesh.

You can see the iDempiere OSGi plugin implementation here http://demo.idempiere.com/mobile/.

You can download this plugin from my .

You can check out the source-code from my repository.

The behaviour and main code is maintained as before with no impact to ADempiere users except the following:

1. In iDempiere, the login regime has changed dramatically. The multi-tenant access is more emphasised by been selected first instead of by role. Thus after login in, you select what clients you have before you go to what roles that client has.

1.2 The tenants can be further separated depending on your password. Thus if you login with a username but a different password, you can get another set of tenants / clients.

2. The introduction as an OSGi plugin makes additions to its web.xml and plugin.xml to render it useful within the iDempiere stack.

Thus the code changes were made in the xmls above and the java classes LoginDynUpdate, WLogin, MobilUtil, WMenu.

ILLUSTRATIONS
*Notes on using the Felix to install*
I was able to deploy this plugin remotely into the idempiere demo site by login in and use the :

Screen Shot 2013-05-20 at 11.06.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-05-20 at 11.06.20 AM.png (86.69 KiB) Viewed 40029 times

You have to wait a while before the status at the top shows 1 bundles installed and at the end of the stack shows the bundle ID (163) and you can start it with the button on the right side.

Screen Shot 2013-05-20 at 11.06.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-05-20 at 11.06.59 AM.png (51.38 KiB) Viewed 40029 times

*Notes on running from local console*
When you have your idempiere-server OSGi running you can install it directly from my SF repo as shown below, then start the bundle ID returned and you will see the prompts at the bottom of the screen.

Screen Shot 2013-05-19 at 6.08.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-05-19 at 6.08.10 PM.png (48.09 KiB) Viewed 40029 times

*The new Login format*
Selecting Client first will populate the Roles. Then selecting the Role will populate the Orgs listing.

Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 10.52.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 10.52.20 AM.png (62.8 KiB) Viewed 40029 times

TESTING
We love you to test it and improve it. Already Edwin Ang from Indonesia has shown keen interest and he claimed that its superfast, and will help to improve it. Anyone can fork from my bitbucket above and Carlos has done that when he help put in his latest edits prior to my plugin conversion.

There are few things that do and do not work correctly as before during the Adaxa version. The creation of new records work and so does editing any present records in the ERP. Callouts seem to work when I test with a new Sales Order that has different edits to its prices and Tax to generate discounts and tax record. Carlos Ruiz also confirmed that from is mobile phone.

Processes do not work. The mobile is good for fast record access and creation of new records. It is also server dependent and will not work when the server is down. For that we need to use a native Android app such as SFAndroid has which i am tackling next.

For now, i can only declare the Mobile as beta usage as to the capability described above.
red1
Site Admin

Re: Migrating Android UI Mobile

Postby red1 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:56 pm

I done a YouTube movie here to show how to download the plugin and install it to the remote demo idempiere server and try out the new module right away:

red1
Site Admin

Postby nmicoud » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi red1,

I've downloaded your sources from https://bitbucket.org/red1/org.idempiere.iuimobile and integrate it in my Eclipse as a new plugin.

Thus, i have 24 errors :mrgreen:

The first one is about the MANIFEST, the 'This plug in is a singleton' checkbox is not ticked. And it says :
> Plug-ins declaring extensions or extension points must set the singleton directive to true

Should i tick it ?

Others errors are related to WebField.java ; the import org.apache.commons cannot be resolved and so, StringEscapeUtils cannot be resolved.

I think i should miss something big.

Any idea ?

Thanks & Regards,

Nicolas
nmicoud
Regular

Postby red1 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:18 am

Hi Nicolas, thanks for this feedback!
I checked out from anew the bitbucket link and import onto my Eclipse. No errors after it complled without doing anything on my part. Thinking back, previously, I used to have somewhat those errors before and I have to trace around and eventually resolved them. I do not quite remember exactly what it was. So i will appreciate if you can give me any further info or more progress on your side so that we can document what can be the issue and proper settings elsewhere.

Below is the image of part of my Eclipse space for your reference. Note that at the bottom of the screen-shot the panel shows the iui plugin as active and working. I could test it as a mobile UI in my browser.

Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 11.12.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 11.12.48 AM.png (131.27 KiB) Viewed 39550 times
red1
Site Admin

Postby nmicoud » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi,

I've ticked the 'This plug-in is a singleton' and the first error disappear (it seems that it is also ticked on your screenshot as we can read Bundle-SymbolicName: org.idempiere.iuimobile;singleton=true)

For the second, i've remove all the classpath enrty and added them again.
And it works!

But... no error doesn't mean active plugin :)

Here what log says when trying to launch it (other plugins are ok)

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.idempiere.iuimobile was unable to load class org.idempiere.mobile.DefaultHttpContext.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:176)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.HttpContextManager.added(HttpContextManager.java:75)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ExtensionPointTracker.open(ExtensionPointTracker.java:75)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.HttpContextManager.start(HttpContextManager.java:47)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.HttpRegistryManager.start(HttpRegistryManager.java:104)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.HttpServiceTracker.addingService(HttpServiceTracker.java:58)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:980)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:1)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding(AbstractTracked.java:262)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackInitial(AbstractTracked.java:185)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:348)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:283)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.HttpServiceTracker.open(HttpServiceTracker.java:42)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.Activator.addingService(Activator.java:59)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:980)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:1)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding(AbstractTracked.java:262)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackInitial(AbstractTracked.java:185)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:348)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:283)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.Activator.start(Activator.java:37)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:389)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1131)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.idempiere.mobile.DefaultHttpContext
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:513)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:345)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:229)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1207)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
... 38 more

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Nicolas
nmicoud
Regular

Postby nmicoud » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:06 pm

I've done it !

I had to add src to the classpath, and i was then able to connect to the mobile version through Eclipse !

Will try now to compile it and deploy to my local instance of idempiere

Keep you updated

Nicolas
nmicoud
Regular

Postby nmicoud » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Compiled and deployed !

:P

Just wondering : what do you think of adding a new checkbox on AD_Role so that some roles can only be used for the mobile access ?
With this, users can only select a 'mobile' role which could point to a lighter menu (as new info windows are not available).

WDYT ?

Regards,

Nicolas
nmicoud
Regular

Postby red1 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:25 pm

I just wonder if your edits were not there in the bitbucket source? I cloned out today from there afresh into my macbook and i could find all those. Strange.
About your role checkbox suggestion, if you can make that happen, i be happy to commit it for you.
red1
Site Admin

Postby nmicoud » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:07 am

Hi,

Perhaps some modification were done "in background" when i added the plugin into Eclipse ?
The most imporatnt is that everything is now ok !

For the enhancement, i guess it also need to modify the web and swing login panel (they shouldn't show the 'mobile' roles).
This can't be done so easily as it need core modification
That makes me wonder if instead of adding a checkbox, we could add a list (swing, web, mobile) to filter roles according to the login panel (swing, web, mobile). But at the 'core' level.
That could done through a jira ticket

WDYT ?
nmicoud
Regular

Postby red1 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:35 pm

Well, firstly, i had Hengsin personal opinion to me before this effort that he regards this as a pseudo mobile app as it is not in essence an Android native app. It cannot operate without the server been available throughout. Another thing is that it is based on the old Compiere JSP code from webstore and WEBUI which still has some issues and any maintenance to it can run into outmoded effort.
Still if you think its worth the effort you are free to propose further to Carlos Ruiz for his opinion.
red1
Site Admin

Postby nmicoud » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:12 am

Hi,

Please find attached :
- RoleEnabledForMobile.zip : a 2Pack of the Role window which contains new IsMobileEnabled column and field.
- WLogin.zip : a patch (need to rename it WLogin.patch as i was not authorized to upload txt file) that show only roles that have been enabled for mobile access (AD_Role.IsMobileEnabled = 'Y')

FYI, I've made a little demo last week and this the first impression is good !

Thanks and regards,

Nicolas
Attachments
WLogin.zip
Patch for WLogin (.patch => .zip)
(1.94 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
RoleEnabledForMobile.zip
2Pack for role window
(67.76 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
nmicoud
Regular

Postby red1 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.59.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.59.20 PM.png (37.22 KiB) Viewed 39484 times
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.59.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.59.31 PM.png (44.88 KiB) Viewed 39484 times
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.59.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.59.56 PM.png (21.09 KiB) Viewed 39484 times
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.59.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.59.49 PM.png (17.49 KiB) Viewed 39484 times
red1
Site Admin

Postby pshepetko » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:15 pm

pshepetko

Postby red1 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi Peter, you have to show me the error. With more information faster for me to investigate.

Now i done the PDF guide here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/red1/fi ... f/download
red1
Site Admin

Postby pshepetko » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:13 am

Attachments
UIMobile_ru3.png
UIMobile RU - Menu (error)
UIMobile_ru3.png (162.27 KiB) Viewed 39404 times
UIMobile_ru2.png
UIMobile RU - Role (good)
UIMobile_ru2.png (26.39 KiB) Viewed 39404 times
UIMobile_ru1.png
UIMobile RU - Login (good)
UIMobile_ru1.png (25.48 KiB) Viewed 39404 times
pshepetko

Postby red1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:19 am

Yes, i test from the demo.idempiere.com/mobile since you using that URL, and i get the same last page as you did. So i wonder of it is a character set issue since with normal latin language its OK. You should be more familiar about Russian language char set or type. Do you know such possible causes?

I send you a message asking that you send me your database with Russian translation. I will test from my Eclipse.

Carlos solved it by just removing setTagText method. See his ticket: .
red1
Site Admin

Postby nmicoud » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi,

I've updated my sources with the last update.

I think there is something wrong with translation, but don't know if i haven't translate messages or i there are hardcoded stuff.
On the attached screenshot, you can see things not translated :
- buttons (Back, Edit)
- Tab (Business Par... instead of the translated field)

Sub tabs are not translated also.

But fields are ok, as the search fields, and as the title in the url

I don't know where to look. Within Eclipse, a search based on "edit" gave no significative results.

Another things (tricky i guess). Would it be possible to add a link to the mobile login page from the 'main' idempiere page ? on https://demo.idempiere.com/ you can access to webui, felix console or server management. A new link for mobile ui would be great, but i don't think it could me modified from a plugin)

WDYT ?

Nicolas
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-10-31-13-05-27.png
Screenshot_2013-10-31-13-05-27.png (102.14 KiB) Viewed 39334 times
nmicoud
Regular

Postby red1 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:10 am

Yes, i noticed that. As to date i have left the main translation code alone so as to let the original creation working itself out. What i did was to discovering about that vital switch in getting the Language input persisted.
I am on the road in Pinoyland (The Philippines) for this week and cannot guarantee my coding hours, and indication has it that i be on this trail longer than expected (as the usual case always). So anyone else able to beat me to this is much appreciated.
Nevertheless i will squeeze in as the itch to tinkle this wonderful code grows. And your idea to link from main HTML page is similar to what i have in mind before. We can talk to Carlos Ruiz on this.
red1
Site Admin

Postby nmicoud » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi,

After some search, i finally manage to do some translation :D

Please find attached a 2Pack with some messages and a patch which update WMenu and WWindow.
I've only translated few as i'm definitely not a specialist and i'm not sure that i haven't break anything.
Not sure also of the value of the message iuimobile.XXX seems correct ? Same for you ?

For translating tabs name, i have no idea. It seems to be done in the beginning of getSR_Form.
And i think that tabs are loaded untranslated. And i have no idea for changing this.

Regards,

Nicolas
Attachments
translation_patch_draft.zip
patch (change extension zip => patch)
(2.12 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
iuimobile_SomeMsgs.zip
2Pack - some messages
(1.78 KiB) Downloaded 574 times
nmicoud
Regular

Postby nmicoud » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:42 pm

Hi again,

Another thing that could be done is https://idempiere.atlassian.net/browse/IDEMPIERE-725
=> So we would be able to design windows for mobile.

I guess something like Env.setContext(wsc.ctx, "UIClient", "mobile") should do the trick.
Any idea for display the context within mobile access ?

Nicolas
nmicoud
Regular

Postby red1 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Yes, context is available in the code, and I guess we just need to set it during init. This sounds interesting.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi Nicolas,
It worked! Merci!
Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 6.23.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 6.23.42 PM.png (35.43 KiB) Viewed 38982 times
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:45 pm

Eduardo Egil has improved the app significantly:
1. He made a standard delete function so we now have a full CRUD (create, read, update, delete) on records.
2. He put a logo on the login page and improved the layout including the buttons icons.
3. He made alignment to system preferred login method so now. email login is also possible.
4. He solved the login to get Role option right away without toggling.
His bitbucket is at https://bitbucket.org/egil0902/org.idempiere.iuimobile
I reviewed and synch his work into mine: https://bitbucket.org/red1/org.idempiere.iuimobile

You can take the resulting binary plugin (embedded 2Pack) at https://sourceforge.net/projects/red1/files/p2/Mobile/ (take the latest timestamp)
The plugin may work on older 2.1 version (not tested).
I also upgraded the ExpDat jar which contains the 2Pack base DB in case you need to recreate the 2Pack again.
The 2Pack package is called NicMcoud. You need to make your own Message translation to let the buttons show in your preferred language. Just go to Message window and advance search for EntityType = 'Applications'.

Screenshot_2015-03-04-10-31-04.png
Screenshot_2015-03-04-10-31-04.png (41.53 KiB) Viewed 35708 times

Screenshot_2015-03-04-11-09-00.png
Screenshot_2015-03-04-11-09-00.png (61.02 KiB) Viewed 35708 times
red1
Site Admin

Postby nmicoud » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi,

I've try to install the plugin with sources udpated to this commit beacause our instance is based on idempiere 2.1

I was able to connect one time using FF
After that,
I can write my login/password, then select the tenant and role and when i click on the OK button, the URL is "http://idemptgidev.tgi.fr/mobile/WLogin" and there is a blank page with only "org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper" !
I try to delete cookies, empty cache, restart the server, ... and there is no way to connect

Same with IE, FF on smartphone : able to connect one time and after that : org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper

Any idea ?
Thanks,

Nicolas
nmicoud
Regular

Postby red1 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi Nicolas, i am about to follow http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/Plugin:_ADAXA_Mobile (better forking by Ruiz/Bayen) and i hope you can try that and see if this issue persist.
By the way, would you know how to have any field in the mobile take in or accept input, such as 'здравствуйте' or '日本語'? It seems though they can display labels, but input are stopped from taking such chars.

Problem found: encoding in page rendering is not to latest standard.
Solution found: definitely use the fork from Diego Ruiz: http://bitbucket.org/tbayen_bxservice/o ... 161957.jar
I started his plugin https://test.idempiere.org/mobile/ and able to paste such chars into Description field of Returns > RMA Type (see screen)
Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 12.24.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 12.24.52 PM.png (82.84 KiB) Viewed 34572 times
red1
Site Admin

Next

Return to iDempiere