How to migrate your module to iDempiere

The migration of Adempiere modules to iDempiere

How to migrate your module to iDempiere

Postby red1 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:25 am

2PackOverview.png
2PackOverview.png (70.96 KiB) Viewed 25065 times
OSGicontainer.gif
OSGicontainer.gif (31.15 KiB) Viewed 25065 times

This is a guide on how to use Eclipse IDE to create a new plugin for your legacy ADempiere work or modules. We use 2Pack to Packout the DB changes and then PackIn back for a new instance. Movies on this are also linked below.

1. Launch a new iDempiere java client and apply your migration scripts that has your own customized model.

2. Packout the new module (see movie below)

3. Develop a new plugin in Eclipse IDE with iDempiere source and place your code packages in the plugin (see movie below)

4. PackIn using the ADempiereActivator with 2Pack.zip attached to META-INF of your new plugin (see movie below)

The new plugin can also be deployed to work in a binary iDempiere client but will be shown in a future show about the new Eclipse P2 upgrade process.

The source code of the new plugin of Openbravo POS Integration is committed here http://sourceforge.net/p/red1/small/101 ... tegration/. If you want the OpenbravoPOS app together with the plugin both in one zip it is here http://sourceforge.net/projects/red1/fi ... p/download

This open source effort is sponsored by SYSNOVA, Bangladesh.
red1
Site Admin

Re: How to migrate your module to iDempiere

Postby emartinez » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:38 pm

We are very grateful for this documentation Red1.

It will be helpful for Adempiere migrations to iDempiere.

Successes! :D
emartinez

Postby red1 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:27 pm

As Hengsin advised in https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... _kUdQf8pSA
I changed the process implementation to using Extension Points:

ID.gif
ID.gif (23.65 KiB) Viewed 25054 times

I also made a new movie here

I updated the sources and PDF accordingly.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:59 am

The way to install this new plugin into iDempiere is done here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1723
red1
Site Admin

Postby allgood » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:47 am

Great tutorial red1! Thank you for your wisdom! :D

I was missing only one thing: How to make the 2Pack when we have personalizations on the standard tables. On LBR project we have some fields added to standard ADempiere tables, like C_Invoice, AD_Org, C_bpartner and many others. This way we can make an OSGi plugin based on the LBR extensions!

Another thing I didn't get well was how the updates on the plugin can be made, adding new tables, new fields, and etc. But I think that this is subject for another topic.

Best Regards,
Claudemir
allgood

Postby red1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:30 pm

It is very simple. Just Pack Out those windows that has your new changes or additional tabs or fields to them. During Pack In in iDempiere it merely updates back the same windows if they exist and add those fields that do not. Notice how i did it for AssetMeter and MeterLog, which are two new tabs in the same Asset Window.

On your second matter, if you change anything to such AD, again, Pack Out that very window it sits in. If it does not work, give me the screenshot of your Pack Out item.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:29 am

There are more new tutorials in PDF format i done from other projects which has more tips and secrets i learned and i put them as an index of links for convenient reference by developers and potential contributors alike.

1. Migration of Libero HR Payroll and how to use Libero Payroll demystifying its inner secrets properly for the first time.

2. Migration of SF Android that includes creating new Web-Services plugin and including some of the Android mobile side operations.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:18 am

In recent times, I have evolved the best practice in developing on iDempiere. There is a way to do things elegantly and save the destruction of the core engine over the long term. Read http://www.red1.org/BlackPaper.pdf

You may see many of my plugins that began to use such an approach - http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/Category:Available_Plugins

I am also making a killer plugin that can reduce all AD and module creation work to a mere minute to minute affair instead of long days into winter. See my new forum posting on this viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1831
red1
Site Admin

Return to iDempiere