MasterDetail PrintFormat On The Fly!

The migration of Adempiere modules to iDempiere

MasterDetail PrintFormat On The Fly!

Postby red1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:01 am

I have been wanting to do this a long time since this earlier PrintFormat row based header idea at viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1856, so now i made a Master Detail Print Format on the fly and it is easily done with a check box inside latest Ninja! Source of Ninja plugin at https://bitbucket.org/red1/org.red1.ninja

NinjaPrintFormat.png
NinjaPrintFormat.png (54.88 KiB) Viewed 202 times
Upon GenerateModule, you can go to your newly created Master Detail model (Bed/BedRegistration) and enter some data and print it right away! The Print icon is already linked and activated.

MasterDetailPrint.png
MasterDetailPrint.png (95.73 KiB) Viewed 157 times
Printed.png
Printed.png (82.61 KiB) Viewed 157 times
Note that if you do not show any fields in the grid, and you generate again the PrintFormat via Ninja, it will not be printed! This gives good fast change without touching the clumsy archaic PrintFormat setting, ever.

But this is not all. I am going to make it easier to adjust the layout of the header portion by attaching a generated CSV Excel sheet with the positions laid out and it is a matter of click and drag to better positioning. In this way it gives WYSIWYG capability which JasperReports was brought in to do before.

Now a lot of time and hassle is saved with such simple Ninja click, which creates instantly on the fly. And there is a way out to either adjust manually the X and Y positions or amend the CSV, reattach, and run the Ninja GenerateModule (make the tab active again before running).

I will also improve the header area with title description.
red1
Site Admin

Re: MasterDetail PrintFormat On The Fly!

Postby red1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:34 am

Yesterday evening, while explaining to Nakarat here in his Rangsit home in Bangkok, i hit upon an even more brilliant idea. How about not needing any Excel map but directly from the ready made Tab Editor layout?!

Absolutely brillilant because you can then synch your PrintFormat exactly to your master detail layout already in iDempiere! This can meet perhaps 90% of the needs and beats JasperReports even faster now.

I made a movie to show this latest magic:

red1
Site Admin

Re: MasterDetail PrintFormat On The Fly!

Postby red1 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:17 am

I improved it further by automating adding in Logo and use the Window's Name and Description as the Header Title! They are automatically generated during Ninja Print Format making.

HeaderLogoDesc.png
HeaderLogoDesc.png (76.39 KiB) Viewed 63 times
You can check the Print Format to see how they are laid out. Of course you can change them anyhow you want. This time effort is a miniscule compared to doing everything from scratch as before or using Jasper Reports.
red1
Site Admin

Return to iDempiere