Ninja Kanban

The migration of Adempiere modules to iDempiere

Ninja Kanban

Postby red1 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:32 am

I made the Kanban board creation in Ninja to allow core models such as C_Order to be done instantly too. Using the SQLWhere in Kanban Board Configuration you can later segregate it for Sales or Purchases.

CoreModelKanban.png
CoreModelKanban.png (58.54 KiB) Viewed 182 times
To produce the above, just have Ninja plugin installed and go to the Model Maker tab and put in the C_Order name, check KanbanBoard box, and press GenerateModule at the Module Designer header tab. Takes hardly 2 secs. Then login to your active client to view your ready made C_Order KanbanBoard. Tweaking it is easier with the puffy work done.

KanbanGenerate.png
KanbanGenerate.png (64.18 KiB) Viewed 182 times
Use the Ninja plugin even as a binary without going to source in Eclipse. For source, here source or binary(org.red1.ninja_4.1.0.<timestamp>.jar)
After generating the kanban board, switch from the Ninja plugin to Diego's modified kanbanboard plugin which is slightly changed to work with the core models. That modified kanban is also in my same binary location. You can do the switch via the Felix Console or the ss console as shown in the movie here.

When you wish to handle kanban board that are not core as viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1848#p8947, then switch back to the Ninja plugin and stop Diego's plugin.

Steps in summary for Standard Documents Kanban Generation:
1. Start Ninja.
2. Generate Kanban Board
3. Stop Ninja
4. Start KanbanBoard
5. Restart to your client and use your new kanban board.
red1
Site Admin

Re: Ninja Kanban - Power of Separation

Postby red1 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:24 am

Now we arrived at the ultimate meaning of the phrase 'Separation of Concern' in Java Object Oriented practice. The power of using OSGi is to separate implementations of particular functionaity from the core of the application. Here i demonstrate a truly clean purist approach to really separate details on a sample Kanban Board. I mean absolutely clean decoupling of optional plugins. This will maximise zero maintenance of the core and vertical layer plugins.

The Kanban Board is a separate fork plugin of the original Kanban board within my 'ninja' and is used by another WMS plugin. I then 'freeze' these and implement different behaviour of Document Actions such as Invalidation or Close of the HandlingUnit Document within a new plugin 'red1.kanban'.

The new plugin DocEvent implementation is as below.

KanbanDocEvent.png
KanbanDocEvent.png (273.04 KiB) Viewed 95 times
The testing is done as in this movie.

For the other 5 document actions to work i have submitted this tracker for core change consideration https://idempiere.atlassian.net/browse/IDEMPIERE-3729
red1
Site Admin

Return to iDempiere