The Libero Conundrum

The migration of Adempiere modules to iDempiere

The Libero Conundrum

Postby red1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:39 am

Continuing the new Libero reborn - viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1844
I now set a reset rather, of its immediate waters as Manufacturing does not happen in a vacuum. So below is its environment that it couples and integrate with where the WMS plays a significant functional role.

NewLibero.png
NewLibero.png (14.15 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
WMS or Warehouse Management System has its Models Reference (generated by Ninja as a fully decoupled from core meta-model). It has two immediate peers - Purchasing Management (Contract) and Sales Order Management. Both of these have Back-Order handling intrically woven into them. And they are so decoupled from WMS (a red1 signature hallmark) that upon starting of WMS, their Scheduling process buttons appear. Only Purchasing has code dependency to WMS due to its GenerateProcess.

Sales Management has direct BOM Drop configuring embedded.

Forecast and Production takes over from Libero reborn, starting with the Sales Forecast generating, and stopping at Manufacturing gates (a big void at the moment). There is now a need to look at a bigger picture involving domain expert's Steven Sackett accounting take with his Adaxa Lite, to add to the bigger Libero Mfg.

The new source renaming will also follow suit to be more readable and will be posted below.

NewSource.png
NewSource.png (23.12 KiB) Viewed 2312 times
I refactored its naming to 'red1 project' to signify the incorporation of most of my own originating design and distro repository at sf.net.

The bitbucket source is as shown in screen below:

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 3.28.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 3.28.19 PM.png (46.84 KiB) Viewed 2311 times
Binary plugin jars are sent here SOURCEFORGE:red1/files/Red1Libero/
red1
Site Admin

Re: The Libero Conundrum

Postby red1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:54 pm

So here is how i am thinking of proceeding:
1. Create a process that goes thru all forecasts and orders to check if they have BOM parents in them and if so, create their MRP records of demand. They mustn't have corresponding MRPs created before hand. These have no shopfloor scheduling time properties yet. But the MRP has DocAction/Status so will be Kanband Board active for easy status management.
1.2 It will also create BOM children in the MRP-lines.

2. InfoWindow that access these MRP records by Locator, Product, Vendor, Customer and Promised Date and DocStatus to present their lines and process to production completion.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:49 am

Now, i have evolved into the idea of the simple Kanban Board using HandlingUnits as its cards, of which is versatile for any arrangement of inventory or activity from warehouse to shopfloor to logistics (This I must admit is brilliant of me!).
Movie below shows the example.

Two things:
1. The status categories are still the same DocAction format from Compiere/IDempiere however i have forked the DocumentEngine and DocAction classes to allow arbitary free flow movement between any status without the core hard code hindering. Thus you need the Ninja plugin and implement from those two classes there. (See viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1831&start=25#p8946)

2. The labels are easily and quickly changed using the ImportModel of Ninja's Module Creator. Follow the README here https://sourceforge.net/projects/red1/files/WMSCockpit/ and you shall achieve the following screenshot:

HandlingUnitKanbanBoard.png
HandlingUnitKanbanBoard.png (78.94 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
The basic idea is this: Now that you can make things highly visible, the Handling Units (HUs) is a convenient way as all items on the shopfloor will always be handled that way, either split or merge under tags or boxes or drums of which the HU is all about.
During a drag to Start Production process for example the DocAction method in MWM_HandlingUnit class will then check for BOM preparedness and create a ProductionPlan record (or via param selection to tag to a present Sales Order, Production Plan, or Manufacturing Order OR use the inbuilt Kanban Board Card Process) and return true if so and false if not with an ERROR message. During move to Finished, the respective method will process the ProductionPlan as a Finished Good and consumed the Raw Materials in the children tabs.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:12 pm

The Kanban design is ready to receive status change from Sale Order Management done prior viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1846.
Here the idea is to add a 'Production' process there which will take the dropped BOM items to match with the Kanban Board under status of Putaway and change them to Start Manufacturing. The Handling Unit should retain Description that it has been moved by the Order Management.

When a Putaway HU is changed to Start MFG, an Inventory Move can be issued at the same time from Locators putawayed to Production space via params during Order Management 'Start MFG' process to state to which Production space otherwise it will remain unmoved but just status change. Params can also state which Warehouse or Locator to fetch the materials from so that it will limit to those.

The user then examines the resulting Start MFG status cards and we can also allow drag back to reverse or Start MFG drag without order management but param selection of which Order Management it is matched to.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:50 am

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1846#p8950 describes in the extension of this from the BOM to Sales Order Management. Here we describe the data model changes involved.

Master>Detail: M_Production>M_ProductionSchedule [ColumnSet:M_Production_ID,WM_HandlingUnit_ID,WM_OrderManagementLine_ID,DateStartEstimate,
DateEndEstimate,IsStarted,IsLocked,IsReleased]

Next the InfoWindow: Order Production Management
SQL Tables: WM_OrderManagementLine, M_Production,M_ProductionLine, M_ProductionSchedule
ColumnSet: IsStarted,IsLocked,IsReleased,DateStartEstimate,DateEndEstimate

Next the Process logic.
1. Create Production Plan.
a. Combine selection if possible. Note that this is straight roll up and in future version can use the Libero Low Level (multi step to resource) approach by breaking up into multiple production plans perhaps consolidated.)

2. Brief: Attach Production to HandlingUnit. Happens at Order Production Management InfoWindow as tab process.
a. Process: BM_BOMProductionHandlingProcess
b. Params: Move Kanban Card
2.2. Logic:
i. Take selection and confirm BOM children to OrderManagement parent.
ii. Accumulate qtys from EmptyStorage HandlingUnit at Ready to Production status
iii. Deduct qtys to assigned ProductonPlans
iv. Check IsAvailable if sufficient balance
v. Break when insufficient
vi. If MoveKBCard, update HU DocStatus to StartProduction

3. Brief: On DocAction DocStatus change from StartProduction backwards to Ready.
a. Check that it is not Locked

3. Brief (TBC)
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:08 am

Now i am going to build two Kanban Board (Manufacturing Activity) one for a normal textile process and one for an embroidery department. The goal is to learn the best config and gaps to solve in making intuitive panel displays for operations people. I already easily do another Kanban Board copy of HandlingUnit by renaming WM_HandlingUnit to Textile Production. Kanban Configuration as done by Diego Ruiz has marvelous SQL Where options. So does the Status properties and Card.
red1
Site Admin

Return to iDempiere