Sales order transaction

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

Sales order transaction

Postby hema » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:16 pm

Hi Red1,

I am trying to process a sales order. The "Target Document Type" is "Standard Order". My payment will be made by cheque. After entering all details regarding the banking info (routing no, bank account, cheque no. etc) I close the transaction. I can find the payment info in the payment window but I cannot find the corresponding invoice and shipment documents. They are supposed to have been generated automatically (pg 308). Also stock is not reserved automatically though payment has been done.

I have noticed that :

1. When I perform a sales order transaction which is either of document type Standard Order or Prepay Order, whether I pay in cash, by check , I encounter the same problem.

2. But when I perform a sales order transaction with document type POS, whether I pay by cheque or cash, the corresponding invoice and shipments documents are generated automatically. Quantity is also reserved.

Am I missing some steps :?:

Many thanks,

Hema
hema
Regular

Postby red1 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:55 pm

Hi Hema,
Here is where maybe we can learn another secret of an ERP System. It sometimes try to do what humans do but couldn't because its stupid! :lol:
It just follow its program blindly.
So now, lets look at the facts. You are getting problem which are no shipping and no invoice. Hmm, have you set a proper location address for your business partner? Both ways? That means both the BP the item is coming from and the BP the item is been sold to.

If you have, you then have to examine the debug messages, and send them to me, over email. If you like, you can also send me screenshots.

regards
red1
red1
Site Admin

Return to Ask RED1 personally