How I can create a Table??

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

How I can create a Table??

Postby willcox » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:56 am

Hi red1... (please don´t pay attention to my bad english)

This forum is very coll :D ... congratulations for your initiative.

OK.. here the facts...

Recently I download the binaries and the source code of Compiere v.2.5.1f from the source forge. I've realized the installation and all works fine... I can login into the system and do some activities with the data imported by the file Compiere.dmp .... but I'm trying to format the Compiere apps to my own needs.

First I created a new table and columns... later I created a window and columns, I also linked the fields of the window with the columns of the table.

So.. my window works well... the fields appear an all stuff it's there but I can´t ionsert new data into my own table... no error messages are display for me.. just I can't insert.. all the fields are disabled.. my I'm sure that all the fields of my windows and collumns of my table are "enable = true".

In the forum of SF.net I find some anserw like "all tables mut to be some fields..." Ok.. I created these fields to .. but has no effect...

Please.. I need a hand for this problem. How can I create my own table and window, and later edit my own specif data ???

Thans,
================
Ricardo Pereira da Silva
It Developer
Brazil -SP
willcox

Postby red1 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:23 am

Hi Wilcox,
Thanking you for joining us 8)

The solution may be this: Uncheck the View box. or uncheck any Read-Only boxes on the Window-Tab-Column, Table-Column.

Its somewhere there (don't have screens in front of me now), otherwise look it up along the way. That first check box basically renders your table uncreatable as a View is read only.

If these doesn't work, pls describe the debug messages that flashes in the debug window. You can do Ctrl^S in the debug window to stop its scroll and Ctrl^S to resume scrolling, or increase the window size in properties to view more messages. Also set the debug level to maximum to view more messages).

Final measure (that some users here do) is to send me your screenshots so that i can first hand see what might be wrong. :roll: Send your Window and Table definitions (only two screens will do).

Your OK english is well complemented by your thoroughly accurate description. :wink:

good day!
red1
red1
Site Admin

Yeah... it works!!!

Postby willcox » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:51 am

Hi Red1:

I've been lookup for the field that you mentioned and I changed all that I find... but no results fro my windows.

Then I look more paciently at the others tables definitions and I've discover an important detail.... All the tables in the system must have some necessary fields, and these necessary fields need specific configuration.

When I configured all these fields in my table, all fields in the window works fine.

So, I decide to post my discovery to help others users that'll need to do some specific tables and windows in the compiere.

Thanks for your quick replay ;-)

This is the specif column for all tables in the system:

DB Column Name System Element Length Reference ReferenceKey Default logic Mandatory
=================================================================
AD_Client_ID AD_Client_ID 22 TableDirect @#AD_Client_ID@ True
AD_Org_ID AD_Org_ID 22 TableDirect @#AD_Org_ID@ True
Created Created 7 Date+Time True
CreatedBy CreatedBy 22 Table AD_User True
IsActive IsActive 1 Yes-No Y True
Updated Updated 7 Date+Time True
UpdatedBy UpdatedBy 22 Table AD_User True
Value Value 40 String True
================
Ricardo Pereira da Silva
It Developer
Brazil -SP
willcox

Postby red1 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:50 am

Willcox,
Indeed. What u describe is the most basic (and of course most important when it comes to learning a new thing), but for those who did them day in day out, often took for granted. :oops:

Yes! Indeed what you did is by looking at present table structure of another table, and copying over its standard values. Otherwise you will even get a "You do not have access permission" kind of message too.

You ensured that the size must be about 22, what i will input when not sure. Also u have an element value for each DBValue, and make sure that their case are right as its case-sensitive.

You are already a net contributor here to the learning process!
A Big Thank You!

red1
red1
Site Admin

Return to Ask RED1 personally