how to edit or enter data when viewing multiple records

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

how to edit or enter data when viewing multiple records

Postby chris » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:10 pm

Hi Red1,
I have a query regarding the data grid toggle button. I could able to edit the fields while i am in data view in which only one record could be seen in a window. When i click on data grid toggle button and when multiple records view comes, I couldnt able to edit the fields . This facility is available in few windows like user window. I want to edit or enter data even when i am viewing the mulitple records in a window. I could able to edit fields when i login as system administrator in any window.
How could I make this facility even enabled to the gardenworld user so that i could able to enter data even when i am viewing mulitple records in a window at a time?

chris
chris

Postby red1 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:57 pm

That horizontal grid view is for viewing and not stable for editing. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Compiere suppose to have a better Master/Detail window system but it hasnt arrived yet.
red1
Site Admin

Postby chris » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:19 pm

Hi Red1,

Thanks for your reply. But I have a doubt. If the horizontal view is not stable but then why the Compiere is allowing to enter the data through any view ie.. either single record view or multiple record view (horizontal view ) while we login as system administrator and not through multiple record view (horizontal view ) when we login as gardenworld admin?

Regards,
chris
chris

Return to Ask RED1 personally