Report Template

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

Report Template

Postby mir_shajahan » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:08 pm

Hello Red1,

I am trying to create a report, where the it only have the header information and I wish to reuse the header in other report too, by other mean a "header template".

I am not sure where to place the report. Does Compiere support such thing?

p/s Remember I was asking about inserting LOGO into the report, and you mention that I have to look into the source code. So, figure out another way.

First, place the logo in the Compiere2 folder.
The in the Print Report Format window, select the format type as IMAGE
and assign the location of the LOGO,
exp: file:///D:/Compiere2/filename.gif

And it work for me. Do you think this method is good practice or I should do better to modify the source code.

Thank you.

<<aMir>>
mir_shajahan

Postby red1 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:33 pm

Mir,
1) Yes, i think it can be done. You have to try it though and define your header or even as a complete PrintFormat template by login as System/System as then all your Client/organisation can use it. Then u login as your client, and copy over the PrintFormat. You can also default that PrintFormat according to your DocType or BusinessPartner. You have to try it a few times to get the hang of it, as sometimes it may not be straightforward to understand all the settings needed to get it working.

2) Yes :!: , you are doing it the perfect way!, as you need not trouble the codes, and u can always change the logo anytime, even the users themselves!

Actually i was wrong in my earlier advice as i misunderstood your question. :oops: .. I tot u wanted to change the greeting Compiere logo. Now I realised u just wanted to change on the reports *haha*, anyway i can see u re getting to be quite an expert! Pls help us out to answer others in the forums too.

:wink:

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby Reeja » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:55 pm

Thanks Amir,

I was struggling with this and i solved the problem with your suggestion. Thanks a lot..

Regards,

Reeja
Reeja

Return to Ask RED1 personally