compiling with Run_Build.bat

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

compiling with Run_Build.bat

Postby hema » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:22 pm

Hi Red1,

Even though my programs are running correctly and I can view my results via Compiere2 or throught Eclipse, whenever I run Run_Built.bat to compile Compiere, I always receive the message "BuildFailed" at the end of the compilation process. Why is that?

Also, when I try to add a new column to an existing table in Compiere, I need to enter the new column name in the Element window and then I am allowed to create that column in "Table,Windows and Fields". If I don't do these I cannot create a new column. What is the importance of "Element"?

Many thanks :) ,
Hema
hema
Regular

Postby red1 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:37 pm

Hema
Its still ok if the build fail, epending on the last message. If u see that the messages show that it has compiled the binaries into install folder or at least build, then u can still pick up the Compiere2 zip or tar in the build folder or Compiere-all/install/build/.

The element is for the system to remember your fields or to have Persistence. If you do not use it, then during report generation for example it cannot be picked up and u hit an error.

U do not have to create a new element everytime. U can also use other elements that is of the same meaning! U can refer to my articles to see what i mean.

thanks for your queries.
red1
red1
Site Admin

Return to Ask RED1 personally