Compiere for Universities

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

Compiere for Universities

Postby mrbarletta » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:33 pm

once more, thanks all of you for the red1.org and for the time u invest in people, great job!! :D

I have a customer(University) with a real need of an ERP+CRM. I was looking through your ISYS University, and looks promising, but as we have already invested time and effort and $$ in compiere, we do really want to keep on course with it, we even developed an OS payroll module for it (available at sourceforge).....
so my lords, what is your experience in this area, how complex it will be to extend compiere functionality to reach university needs (note that customer does not want to do e-learning with it, just manage courses, students, teachers, periods, courses credits etc).

Is there someone else that have a chance to sell compiere to universities and want to share the load?... we are still thinking about to go and extend it or just look for something else...

Thanks again!!
MRB
mrbarletta

Postby red1 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:30 am

We will like to merge our University codes into Compiere. U can collaborate on the effort via that sf.net forum. Pls submit notes there and open up our Mecca codes. Then we can iterate to completion. It may take a while but shall worth the effort in the end.

What is the Payroll Module site? Nice if u announce its sources in the Contributor's Corner.
red1
Site Admin

Return to Ask RED1 personally