Apache is driving me nuts!

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

Apache is driving me nuts!

Postby EricInOz » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:57 am

Hi,
Can anyone please post a how-to or an example http.conf that will get the compiere web interface running under Apache 2. I've been wresting with the pesky injun for some days now and can't get it working. Specifically it bombs on me at SSL authentication time.
Many Thanks In Advance,
Eric.
EricInOz

Postby red1 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:14 am

Hi Eric,
If u re using Oracle 9i, did u turn off the Oracle HTTP Service? A pre-requisite to free your port 80 for Compiere service in that version.
red1
Site Admin

Postby EricInOz » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:24 am

Hi Red,
Thanks for the quick response.

red1 wrote:Hi Eric,
If u re using Oracle 9i, did u turn off the Oracle HTTP Service? A pre-requisite to free your port 80 for Compiere service in that version.

I'm running Oracle 10g.

My Compiere install is set up as port 8888 and SSL on 8443 - this was necessary as 80 and 443 were taken (by Oracle I assume). I can see the web store at localhost:8888 fine - do product searches, etc.. The problem starts on trying to login either on the web store or to Compiere itself via the srvlet or HTML. It then goes off to authenticate SSL and gets lost looking for the Login Srvlet at 443. If it does not get lost there it will accept a login via the servlet but not show client, org, warehouse on the second login screen no matter which role I choose. I've been trying to set Apache to recognise a virtual server at localhost:8888 but am having difficulties. I don't understand where I'm supposed to set the DocumentRoot !
EricInOz

Return to Ask RED1 personally