Advanced Pricing

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

Advanced Pricing

Postby tjikaljedy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:51 pm

Hi Red1,

Most of Retail or Distibution company required Cascading Discount, and going to complex discount, if somebody want to implement Compiere in there is not possible without Advanced Pricing (Oracle Pricing engine).

Based on experience in Oracle Apps, this module is really tedious, did you have a plan to extend current discount schema in Compiere to cater complex discount schema?

I done my research using Rule engine such as Mandarax, and in my understanding it possible use in Compiere, but the problem is how to attached in compiere

I need your opinion and input.

Thanks Tjikal
tjikaljedy

Postby red1 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:25 pm

Hi,
About rules engine, i m trying to understand OFBIZ (www.ofbiz.org/) . I have a developer joining my company soon whom i have assigned to look closer at it, as he is also ewll-versed with AOP using Hibernate, or OR Mapping. Maybe he can help u and we work together :)

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby tjikaljedy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:19 pm

Hi red1,

No problem we can work together, first thing i need to explain what difference Ofbiz is with Mandarax.

From: http://www.manageability.org/blog/opens ... art:int=10

OFBiz Rule Engine Backward chaining is supported. Original code base from "Building Parsers in Java" by Steven John Metsker.

Mandarax Based on backward reasoning. The easy integration of all kinds of data sources. E.g., database records can be easily integrated as sets of facts and reflection is used in order to integrate functionality available in the object model. And Mandarax supporting RuleML, etc

What I done right now:

1. Create simple logic and link to database in mandarax

2. The next step, I will create Discount schema (Rule Engine embedded), and Sales Order will execute Rule engine when saving Order Line (what do you thing)

I will share my knowledge with you to make it Compiere the better choice ERP solution

Thanks Tjikal
tjikaljedy

Postby red1 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:54 pm

Hi tji,
This is wonderful! :shock: . We might need your help too in our latest http://sourceforge.net/projects/university .
This is where we will try to marry off some verticals into Compiere via the OfBiz style Entity Model. A 3-way killer app *haha*. Will sure re-use some of your braincells there.
I will get more eyeballs into the picture soon. :wink:

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby tjikaljedy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:34 pm

sure you can count me, and what should i do? my expertice is EJB, Oracle Apps functional and technical, xml etc

Thanks
tjikaljedy

Postby red1 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:09 am

Sure Tji,
Your skillsets and interests seems to be of use in http://sourceforge.net/projects/compilo too. U can write to Marco, the project admin there to let u in.
The first task we re doing there is to complete the XML2AD and the AD2XML, and wrap it in a nice interface! Small but important job.

Then we wana figure out what u said.

Meanwhile i will just put you into my university project. Give me your nickname in sourceforge.

The more the merrier! :lol:

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby tjikaljedy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:26 am

Hi Red1,

in few days i will finishing integration Compiere and Mandarax, and i need you to input, and my Nick name tjikal

Thanks
tjikaljedy

Postby tjikaljedy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:48 pm

Hi red1,

i done simple discount in Mandarax, next step as following:

1. Create new Table and register in AD_TABLE (C_OrderDiscount), this table need because in Retail industry has cascading discount, good example in Oracle Apps call "View Price Adjustment"

example:
Order Header -> No 10001
Order Line -> Product A, Qty 100, Price 85.5, Price List 100
Order Tax -> Tax, GST
Order Discount -> Line1 -> 10% from 100 = 90
Line2 -> 5% from 90 = 85.5

2. Modify CalloutOrder.java, this part i need you help to find how to add new record in Order Discount Line, basicly same method with Order Tax

you can find Mandarax file in http://www.jug.or.id/JSPWiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Resources

file name is Test5.zip and you can open from Mandarax

Thanks Tjikal
tjikaljedy

Postby red1 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:05 pm

Hi tji,
Nice resource site. But since Mandarax is new to me, can u write a simple tutorial or point me to more resources that i can view on how it works?

I read your note on the backward reasoning. But will this be compatible and portable to OfBiz, since we hear so much of OfBiz, i m afraid of too much new stuff :(

About the Callout.order, can u refer to my Callout.zip and see if the sample in there helps. Are u familiar with the Java? Since u say u re good in EJB, what other stuff u know?

btw i have put u into the developers' list of university project. Maybe what u can do is to study how to convert the codes to OfBiz or the merits of other stuff u talked about. The codes should be available this week.

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby tjikaljedy » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:26 am

thanks for put me into your team, i will learn first. And about Mandarax don't worry, mandarax is only rule engine which is you can replace with other thing.

But Ofbiz i need to know from you in detail what is your plan?, i need to catch up...

If i am not wrong Ofbiz is like collection of api(beans) for ERP, is like my previous company did www.beansfactory.com

Thanks

Tjikal
tjikaljedy

Return to Ask RED1 personally