Getting Started

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

Getting Started

Postby Markus » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:10 pm

Hi,
I found your site from one of the replies on the Compiere site. I have to congratulate you on your approach. I think it's great.
I have just downloaded Compiere, browsed around in it and decided to give it a try. The big question is how!!!???

I got myself the manual, but unfortunately it is intended for end-users and not for the person to set Compiere up or to configure it. This is where it becomes tricky. How do I get help?

There are so many issues that need solving, just to mention a few:
- How do I go about importing my data (B. Partners and the existing loaders are no problem), for example History data from my current accounting system?

- How does the Form system work? I need to setup Invoices, Quotations, Delivery notes....

- What is the best way to manage backups? Should I use Oracle's features for that?

The list goes on.

None of the startup challenges are documentated anywhere (or at least I cannot find them). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Markus
Markus

Welcome to the world of Compiere

Postby red1 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:54 am

Well, the answer to those questions is of course practice and explore. To help customising, you can read my articles that i posted in http://compiere.red1.org/. I will answer your query one by one.

History data for previous accounting entries should be done via GL Journal batch posting.

Handling forms are done via the Print Formats.

Best way to backup is in Compiere2/utils/DBExport.bat

Keep asking, keep knocking, i will even try to do screenshots for these things and upload them. Thanks for joining!

regards
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:07 am

Background course material is happening at http://red1.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39 :P Do see it and suggest imporvements. thanks
red1
red1
Site Admin

Return to Ask RED1 personally