Calendar, Year and Period

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

Calendar, Year and Period

Postby hema » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:32 pm

Hello Red1,

I was looking at the Calendar, Year and Period window. In the Period Control, there is Period Status and Period Control. I understood that Period Status is to decide if a period is closed or opened. I get confused with Period Action. What is its purpose? I would be very grateful to you if you could provide me with a real life example.

Thank you very much,
Hema
hema
Regular

Calendar, Year, Period 2

Postby hema » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:46 pm

Hello again Red1,

just remembered that there is an example in GardenWorld where for the Period Jan 04, the period status is permanently closed but the period action is open period??? I don't understand this.

Many thanks,
Hema
hema
Regular

Postby red1 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:38 pm

Hi Hema,
Again u have to try them to see the effect. Action should means what u want to do, i.e. Open/Close.

If the Period is Permanently Closed, u shouldnt be able to enter it again. U can try to execute the Action to Open it and see, but i shouldnt open.

I know that the labels can be confusing, but trying them around gives u the feel of what it actually means. Learning thru trying cannot be avoided until Compiere comes out with better manuals :roll:

red1
red1
Site Admin

Return to Ask RED1 personally