POS CClient.jar & ExpDat.dmp

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

POS CClient.jar & ExpDat.dmp

Postby gploosley » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:48 pm

Red1,

I have a lead for Compiere with very similar requirements to your POS example.

My colleague Kapil is working on following your notes that you kindly posted for others to follow.

Please could I have a demonstration copy of the amended Compiere so I can show my customer in the meantime?

I haven't contributed to your site yet but I'm willing to assist others with Accountancy queries if that will help. I'm a UK Certified Accountant with 15 years post-qualification experience so I can talk debits and credits, etc.

Thanks,

Graham
gploosley

Postby red1 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:34 am

Hi Graham,
It will be good if u can speak abit about the specs of your prospect, as my POSred.pdf is rather limited and of version 250e. They are as expressed as presented in the document and the latest POS module in 251g seems to be on the way to the ideal POS client, with most features expected to be on track. However my initial test on Compiere's POS seems that it is not a fully workable module yet.
Nevertheless i shall revive from my archive and post what you requested for u to download the ExpDat.dmp and the CClient.jar.
Perhaps what u wanted is merely to do a demo and you may tell your prospect how further customisation is possible with Open Source.

They are zipped here at http://compiere.red1.org/CClient.zip and http://compiere.red1.org/ExpDat.zip

I have tested them and they run ok with exact scene as stated in my tutorial. But u have to download the Compiere binary version 250e from sourceforge and then place the CClient.jar in the lib folder. Place the ExpDat.dmp in the data folder.
Then run DBRestore.bat from utils folder.

btw i seen your great site. Thanks for the illustrated guestbook entry. And i place u as the Accounts moderator for now :)

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby gploosley » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:51 am

Thank you.

I'll download the files and try them out.

I'll show the customer and let you know what they think.

Graham
gploosley

Return to Ask RED1 personally