Accounting Server only posts one Org

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

Accounting Server only posts one Org

Postby Enrique » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:48 am

Hi Red1,

I am having trouble when posting a Manual entry in GL Journal, I defined two different orgs in my small company, I can record the journals OK for each org, but when I post the entries, the accounting engine posts them all under Org. No.1 and forgets all about Org No.2.

I even sent a support request to compiere under no. 1060505...do you have any clue about where compiere could be mixing up org_id's when posting?

I have been searching around AEnv.java, but I don't think I am close enough yet.

I also remember you said something about debugging the accounting server engine, do you have any clues on this?

Regards,

Enrique.
Enrique

Postby red1 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:25 am

Hi Enrique,
AEnv is too far away to trace faults in logic. Like i said in Compilo, and here, most bugs (which yours look like one) in Compiere are quite typo and light, they most likely happen at the process packages and not the engine level which Env is at.
I have gone thru AEnv like so many rounds and it doesnt really help except u want to have sleepless nights. Sometimes the fault can be just a silly mistake we did at the screen interface or setup level. You cannot avoid but take more looks into that.
About remote debugging the accounting engine, hmm guess i have to do a tutorial quickly due to popular demand :shock:

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:23 pm

Hi lofx,
its me again, and i did the tutorial, so pls collect it at http://compiere.red1.org/RemoteDebug.zip

enjoy!

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby Enrique » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:47 am

Hi Red1,

I just read your tutorial with Arul Mani's advice to debug jboss from Eclipse, this is such excelente guidance! I will try during the weekend, and thanks very much for your effort.

By the way, I resolved the 2 Orgs posting issue..it was as you said before a small detail..I received advise from Jorg at Compiere, the issue is that when you import GL Journals you have to be careful the account combination is properly set with the proper Org No.1

So I fixed the line details and listo!

Regards,

Enrique
Enrique

Return to Ask RED1 personally