Translation

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

Translation

Postby hema » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:27 pm

Hi Red1,

I want to use an XML Translator Editor to translate the XML files. The editor does not recognise compiereTrl. I am asked to provide the DTD file, System ID and Public ID.

Do you know anything about these data?

(I sent you private mail for details)

Many thanks,
Hema
hema
Regular

Postby red1 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:54 am

Hi Hema,
I have not got the chance to do this yet :oops:
But the DTD or Data definition type should be the same as what Compiere specifies or u have to read up for a standard one from the web. I do not think its DTD from Compiere and it may be from you as u are doing the translation and its your format they re asking.
I think some research in Google is faster option for u.
Once u found it pls share your answers. :wink:

But after reading your private messages (which should be public :wink: ) it seems that you are doing something that Jorg will like. Why dont u write to him and explain your case. I cant recall if he published anything on XML stuff he used. I do not want to assume he is keeping the keys somewhere :lol:
He can put you as the official translator for the place u re in. 8)

Also, have u refered to the translation advice in compiere.org? It explains how to do it fully. I think its better to keep the XML at code level and not as a published dictionary, as u will have to do much more work. At XML level which i have tried and test out seems ok and easy for you people to open up and see the dictionary.

red1
red1
Site Admin

Return to Ask RED1 personally