Can't connnect from remote machines & web buttons don't

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

Can't connnect from remote machines & web buttons don't

Postby xenfasa » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:21 am

Hello,

BTW, great site and forums red1 :)

I just finished a new Compiere install. I can connect to Compiere from a local java client on the same machine but remote clients will not connect and the RED X for testing will not go away. I know I am using the right info because it works on the local machine. An nmap test shows that port 1099 is open and DNS is setup on the local network here.
Any clues as to what is wrong?

Second issue, I can connect from any web browser Firebird and IE on the local network but none of the buttons on the menus work. I can not save or change any data in the system.
Any idea what could be causing this?

Any help would be greatly appricieated. I've reached a dead end at this point.

Thanks,
Xen
xenfasa

Java clients now working but web clients not...

Postby xenfasa » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:15 am

Well, I have the java clients working now but the web interfaces still don't work completely.

With the java client.....
For some reason the RUN_setup.sh script was not saving the correct data to the myEnvironment.sav file.
The connection passwords were wrong so the clients could not connect.

The menus/buttons on the web interface are still non-functional. I can login with any account from any web browers but all I can do is browse around. No menu buttons work and I can enter anything. I've tried both the latest Firefox and IE.

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?
xenfasa

Postby red1 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:32 am

Hi,
Its good you are resourceful.
About Java WebClient, you may try checking the DB connection string which is stored in the compiere.properties under Compiere2. Look it up there and you can change the string there so that it comes out ok.
Basically the RUN_setup ends up in that XML string.

About not able to get into any of the icon functions, hmm, i wonder why too, you need further trials there.

tell me if it still persists.

red1
red1
Site Admin

Return to Ask RED1 personally