POS Receipt

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

POS Receipt

Postby hema » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:09 pm

Hi Red1,

which table did you select in Print Format window in order to create your POS receipt ?

Many thanks,
Hema
hema
Regular

Postby red1 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:49 pm

Hi Hema,
As i explained in POSred.zip where the confirmed POS Order is not a C_Order but a C_Invoice as it has now become an Indirect AR Invoice.
Its because all sales will eventually end up as invoices, thus my Receipt is actually from a Invoice_Header and Detail view query of the C_Invoice and C_InvoiceLine. This is because most PrintFormat access such views instead of directly from the core tables as views will pull other related info such as BPartner and Product Values.

:P
red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby hema » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:50 pm

Hi Red1,

how did you insert GivenAmt and ChangeAmt in your POS receipt. These fields belong to C_Order, isn't?

I would be very grateful to you if you could give me more details on how you achieved this.

Many thanks,
Hema
hema
Regular

Postby red1 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:57 am

Hi Hema,
Oh yes! Of course you need to. 'Cos u need to show the customers how much u paid for and their change. And that's kewl isn't it? 8)

I document all that achievement in my POSred.zip. Tell me where u didn't understand perhaps i can amend the document.

And to achieve the above receipt, u of course have to also put them into the Header and Line view tables previously refered to in the above post.

Its easy :!: You can do that from the Table and Column of System but call up the Views (Invoice_Header instead of C_Order) and do a join to the C_Order or whatever u think is having your Given and ChangeAmts. :roll:

Some details erased from my conscious memory and i need time to access my backup memory :lol: That's why i wrote them down. Ah! fortunately i did, and it helps not only me, but many others, for which i am contented and grateful as many praised such effort. May there be more of RED1 :P

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby hema » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:26 pm

Hi Red1,

thank you very much for your guidance.

I have created a view query, called POS_V, based on C_Invoice, C_InvoiceLine and C_Order. Then I created a print format based on POS_V named POS_Receipt.

When I go to "Print Form" to select my new print format, POS_Receipt does not appear in the combo box for "Invoice Print Format". :?:
Also when I try to select the new print format for my Business Partner (Customer), POS_Receipt does not appear in the combo box for "Invoice Print Format". :?:

Did I miss any steps?

Many thanks,
Hema
hema
Regular

Postby red1 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:42 pm

Hi,
What i did was i did an exact copy of the original InvoiceHeader, found in the same spot as u print preview the POS Sales.
Thus it will be in the pull down menu for sure. Perhaps what u did was the other way round to create from outside, which i still havent found the way to tie it in. As my way solve the issues, i did not look further for another way :wink: .

Also remember to process complete the POS Order first or else you will only get the OrderHeader instead.

red1
red1
Site Admin

Return to Ask RED1 personally