Can't open custom windows

To err is to be human, to help each other is joy. Tell your Compiere needs in your own words. Let's figure out together.

Moderator: azaharizaman

Can't open custom windows

Postby Niks » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:27 pm

Hi Red1,

I've followed this tutorial to create new windows in compiere.

http://hemsidor.torget.se/users/m/Murphy/compiere/

When I want to open the window once iv completed all the steps it looks like the window is going to open but compiere just freezes.

Please can you look at this tutorial and tell me what I could be doing wrong.

Thanks

Niks
Niks

Postby red1 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:08 am

Hi Niks,
I have followed this tutorial before and it worked. There are problems usually due to other stuff such as no data in table, incomplete entries or access permission (system/client).

You should tell me exactly what error message or screen you see. Otherwise my oft advice is always change a bit and try again and again. :lol: Let me ask you one question, "How many times did you try?".

I know its frustrating sometimes to even get startups to work. I face it all the time. And it is fun :shock: ... and happiness at end of frustration.

Try again, and if you find the problem, tell us.

Have a nice day,
red1
red1
Site Admin

somemore information about the error

Postby Niks » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:31 pm

Hi Red,

I looked at the problem again, and ran compiere in the command prompt in verbose mode and I got the following error. I dont understand why I got this as I followed all the steps in the tutorial.

[Loaded org.compiere.model.MFieldVO]
[Loaded org.compiere.model.LookupDisplayColumn]
java.lang.StackOverflowError

Thanks

Niks
Niks

Postby red1 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:23 pm

Hi,
U may be trying to print the fields, i think, which require u to make sure they have persistency - usually achieved by specifying their Elements.
Another step may be to run GenerateModel so that the setters and getters are abstracted, as they are needed to pass values to/from the database layer.
Your error in VO (value object) may mean it cannot pass a proper value, and error handling weakness leak this out.

I think your solution is close by. :idea: How about u try another simpler example and build up from there.

red1
red1
Site Admin

Return to Ask RED1 personally