[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
From Flames To Fork, Comes Freedom • View topic - ADempiere Reload

ADempiere Reload

A proper layout of brochures, presale materials so you feel ADempiere can sell to business owners and not just techies.
Forum rules
Materials are strictly selected by the admins. This is a restricted area. No outside advertising allowed. Contact the admins to submit your materials. Submission does not mean publication.

ADempiere Reload

Postby rsashka » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi Community,

At the threshold of a World Conference I want to raise the question of the insolvency methods of project management ADempiere ERP Business Suite, used in recent times. The failure of project management is to adopt a set of solutions, such as biased moderating the forum and remove rights from the founders of the project. These actions are done on behalf of the entire community, but that community will not be accepted. Very often there no answers to the questions asking for an explanation or that decision.

In my opinion this is only due to the fact that currently used Community Council, Functional Team, Technical Team or Citizens .. It is impossible to manage a large international project with the conditions of each member. The adoption of trade-offs, too, so it is impossible. As a result, now all turned out to be a hostage situation and in the current state of affairs is no solution found.

Complain without offering solutions is very bad, so I suggest the following solution and convert the project management system as follows: Divide the project management into the following groups and levels: World Community Team (WCT), Country Community Team (CCT), Development Team (DT):

World Community Team - Union Country Community Team to make common decisions. The group is based on the principle of one country (one Country Community Team) one vote. From the Community Council, and Citizens is different in that the number of members is limited by uncontrolled growth and they are united by geography. Unlike the current situation is that local issues are not brought to the global debate. These issues may be - users support in local languages​​, the localization system to take account of local legislation, cooperation with authorities, etc.

Country Community Team - organization of developers and users of the system in each country. This allocation is necessary because of the fact that the laws and conditions in each country may be very different to other countries. It may include any members who are in this country. In the solution of global issues, the community develops a single solution and passes it to World Community Team

Development Team - Selected from the developers, the most actively developing the project and may be members Country Community Team. The number of members should be limited, for example, number of members of World Community Team minus one. Member can be any company or individual developer, who fulfills the following conditions: a) Using in the implementation ADempiere of the official version from the public repository. b) All the additional functionality that is not present in the official version should be implemented at the customer in the form of a 2pack package or patch on the official version.
These conditions are necessary to maintain in good repair the mainline system.

All of the global decisions are taken jointly with the World Community Team and Development Team. Refusal to vote or refrain are not allowed.

If we accept such an organization of project management, you can not get a situation like the current one.

The main purpose of these changes:
1. Make community more active due to divide global world and local country questions.
2. Define clear terms of membership in groups that accept liability for global issues.
3. Always have a stable version at the expense of Open Source development core system, minimizing the use of private repositories
4. Grant more rights in dealing with global issues of active core developers

If it is decided to change the principle of project management, but the current administrators are not willing to give up his position, it will be possible to rename the project, example as ADempiere Framework and taking as a basis source ADempiereGlobalQSS as more stable.

Regards,
Ryabikov Aleksandr
rsashka

Re: ADempiere Reload

Postby rsashka » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:00 am

Can be done differently.

Use the name of ADempiere several code repository that differ in method development and team committers. It will be very similar to Linux with multiple distributions. And it will not need to call a fork, since the kernel one, just a few teams with a different approach, release updates and development methods.

Regards,
Ryabikov Aleksandr
rsashka

Postby red1 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:50 pm

I, like many others, will agree with your analysis that we are in our own chaos. But then, a bazaar thrive in the magic of chaos, so you have to really reflect what you mean by structure and order. I don't think any idea will work except the one already observed by Eric Raymond. There has to be singular powerful leadership of the original creator or content holder. Now there is none. I am trying to reestablish it from a new base after my recent travel in The Philippines that tells me, maybe i found it. The formula there is back to basics. Create the 3 Cs - Content, Community, Commerce. But strictly one leadership.

Maybe the new base (which has many good coders) will rewrite everything from scratch, in python. Here it is poisoned because everyone feels they got a right from Compiere's old community and refuse to respect proper merit. Everyone including you will feel an equal right. So who then is the leader and to be obeyed and who can make a final decision that is binding? We do not have that. Not even by popular democracy. Yes we can win by that but any democracy has so much noise. Look at US. It is doomed. This is just a software project. Period. Do good code, and share. Others are noise. Others are politics and no fantastic coding skills can solve them cos they re all politics.

I am not saying your Nth attempt here or in Berlin will be fatal. Just go try. If you succeed then it means one thing. You got leadership, you got voice and you got following, and you must know the art of it. I doubt if you are better. But please. Prove me wrong. For the time being i give you moral support.
red1
Site Admin

Postby rsashka » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:59 pm

Dear Red1, You confirm my findings. Eric Raymond, author of the essay "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" says about the way of development (debugging) code. His experience is based either on the development non business-critical programms, in which errors will not bring a lot of loss, or a well-known projects that do not need to promote the brand, that have a very large community.

And I believe that his experience is good, but little is applicable to our situation. ADempiere is an application-critical to businesses, and little is being done to promote the brand. You're talking about the three components of the project (3C), and I would highlight just only one, the Community. And if the community will to be live, and achieved any other components.

By the way, what about the brand, theater starting with a hanger, the system begins with the title. I would suggest to rename the full name of the project to ADempiere Freedom ERP, because the words Open Source do not say anything about free as free speech, and they are often used for proprietary products and Open Core systems.

How many new members of the community appeared in the last year? Not Citizeners, but actively developing the project? I see that the old are beginning to think about leaving. And this is death for the community, a slow and painful. And if there no new members, though it is not nice to say, but the project really becomes a private, not in essence but fact.

I hope my initiative (Conference in Moscow) will bring new blood into the project, but the effect of this will be temporary. I encourage everyone to approach this problem on a permanent basis. It will not retreat from the market of democratic principles. Clear rules and guidelines are needed that would prevent the conversion of the bazaar into anarchy.

Sorry may be a few harsh words, I know about it is unpleasant to say, but someone must do it.

Regards,
Aleksandr Ryabikov
rsashka

Postby red1 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Its good if our ideas coincide but that is not important but the upholding of the facts is. Anarchy is not a fact of badness it is made to be. You can read from famous anarchist philosophers such as Pierre Proudhon of which Karl Marx differs from with his understanding of statism or control of the state - meaning top down structure, which i have been arguing for a very long time is not what the bazaar is all about. Structure kills creativity. Humans rebelled against it. Latest England riots can tell us something. A modern state is still a regime and democracy is just a farce. People voting for themselves does not prove anything yet. What is the definitive source of which that society is built upon?

When humans taken as a whole are left to themselves you are not giving them freedom to riot. You are telling them, "I trust that you as a whole is more good than bad, that you will do self-censorship and self-correction without been told to do so". It is organic and follows a transcendent mind. Many powerful societies are born not due to systems or structure but after the fact. Only after some powerful idea, icon or image pulls them up - it may be a person, a diety, a prophet or a even a philosopher writing that brings a people together that they eventually organise themselves but it is not in essence the definition of themselves. Thus when that icon or image dies, the society began to cease or become lost.

We return to our humble origins, and i am not patronising anyone to even accept that it was a humble one. We profess to share and by analogy - gave wood into the fire to make it burn brightly. The others who came and sat by the fire need not do that benefited from it and form part of the society and in keeping the place pleasant and more better. But when those who now warm themselves lost the essence of how the fire came about, then that iconic meaning is lost. People around it may argue but they are in reality lost as you can listen to what they are debating about. It is all about who sits where around the fire, who holds the logs, or can bring what to cook by the fire but no one answer the question of who feeds the fire and make sure it does not die.

You may form your own circle around the fire and sing songs of the greatness of the fire. But if you do not know the source of the fire and feed it that fire dies. Then you die. Unless you move away.
red1
Site Admin

Return to Marketing ADempiere